A Tasting Invitation - Sept. 19

bourbonmed
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Here in Bourbonia, we're all in this together. If we see anyone else closing with 'pants away' besides Linn OR an exotic dancer, I'll hold 'em & you kick their ass.

But all bets are off IF it's an exotic dancer. In that case, I'll need this $50 bill changed into $1 bills, 4 fingers of Knob Creek & 2 ice cubes, a big ol' glass of ice water back...and a chair right up close, thank 'ee!

• 2 months later...

Ok everyone...we're getting close to SEPT. 19. Soon I must turn in a final count of forum members who'll be joining us for the L & G and Buffalo Trace tours. So far I have the following people on the list, please review and update. If you aren't on the list but wish to come, let me know as soon as possible.

ATTENDING:

Chuck Cowdery

Bobby Cox & wife

Marvin & Evelyn Franz

Bettye Jo & guest

MurphyDawg & wife

Bob Kaufman and Jeff Schneider

Greg and Jo Kitzmiller

Kristin and Chris Giammarco

Mark Rickey & Stacey

Linn and Vickie Spencer will meet us at L & G. Ditto for Mike Veach.

Jim, are you coming?

I'll update everyone in coming days. We still plan to meet in Bardstown's My Old Kentucky Dinner Train at 10 a.m. for bus departure to L&G and BT.

Best regards,

Omar

• 3 weeks later...

Omar,

I just got a e-mail for Koji......He and his wife will be here on the 17th............please count both of them in on the L&G tour......

Bettye Jo

Thanks Bettye Jo. Glad to hear our friends from Japan are coming.

We are up to 20 on the shuttle, 5 additional members will be driving directly to L&G.

Some news: All the hotels are now booked solid in Bardstown -- hope everyone found a place nearby. If you still need a room, check in Elizabethtown.

Note: Two weeks to go. I'll be turning in my final attendance count next Tues, Sept. 10. I trust everyone on the list is coming. Any questions, please ask now.

As promised, I'll bring a Very, Very Old Fitzgerald 12y to share. Hope someone brings a bottle (or two) of Van Winkle's 13y rye.

See you in Kentucky!

Omar

I have not made a lot of calls.... I do know that there is a room open at the Sherwood Inn on Friday Sept. 20.........It's a really old Inn located in New Haven.....There is a nice restaurant and a bar in the same building......it's been in the same family for 4 generations.......Located right beside the Kentucky Railway Museum.......The old steam engine (the 152) will be running that weekend.....Soooooooo if ya love old stuff......old bars.....old buildings and old trains.....this is where you want to visit.....located in New Haven....12 miles south of Bardstown on 31E..........their phone # is 502 549-3386

Bettye Jo

Besides the L & G / BT distillery tasting, here's a partial list of other treats awaiting us Sept. 19. It'll be fun to compare new vs. old:

- Society of Bourbon Connoisseurs, 20y

- Cabin Still, 1967 (Van Winkle wheated, 6y)

- W.L. Weller Special Reserve, 1979 (VW from Stitzel-Weller)

- Very Old Barton, c.1975

- Very Very Old Fitz Bonded, 1982, 12y

- Benchmark Single Barrel

Better get a big breakfast, uh?

Many thanks to Mike Veach for providing the majority of these old gems.

Omar

Omar announced this nearly five months ago. A hearty applause to Omar for making this happen and providing such quality cool.gif

Those of us attending appreciate it. And let's remember to show it (before we consumer a whole lot of bourbon.) grin.gif

Indeed , Hip Hip Hurray 3 cheers! Way to go Omar, Thanks in advance. Come to the cookout Friday nite The good times should be in full swing as well!

Who knows if I would have ever got to either distillery without your help man! Thanx in Advance grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

A Big , hearty BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for Omar!!

TomC

Omar,

Dude, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Sorry to have to wait so late to wave my hat but I had to rearrange some stuff. Is it too late to get a seat on the bus? I sure would love to go...

Beej

Hi Brenda! Dude, you are back! Never too late for Beej!

Well, you are really fortunate. Yesterday we had a cancellation.

Meet us at the dinner train parking lot on 3rd St at 9:45 am Thurs. The idea is to leave promptly at 10, because we got a long day planned.

Chris Morris, Lincoln Henderson and the L & G staff will spoil us until 2:30 pm when Ken Weber takes us to Buffalo Trace. More surprises (and guest appearances) in store then. We may not get back to Bardstown until 6 - 6:30 pm.

I'm driving up (1,000 miles). Out of here tomorrow (Fri) so I can take in some mountain scenery. Safe trip everyone.

Omar

We are driving, along with our friends this time, from my, we will be stopping in louisville for the weekend, so we will see you all on sunday night or monday... we have rooms at the general nelson...

-Chris and Kristin

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.