"Sweet" Cocktail of the Month?

T47
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Maybe like "flavor of the month"? I don't change them that often, but you get the idea. Our neighborhood is fairly social and we have a group of 4 families that get together about every 5 weeks for a party of some kind or another. All of the women like fruity type of cocktails and I seem to be the only guy willing to help them out. We have been through a nice selection from Margaritas, Mojitos, Lemon Drops, Appletinis, Carmel Appletinis, Gingerbreadmen, Mojito Diablo, and now the

Tropical Nehi

1 1/2 oz. Coconut Rum

1/2 oz. Chambord

1/2 oz. Pineapple Juice

1/2 oz. Coco Lopez

1 oz. sweet and sour

Shake over ice, strain and serve. I used our Chapagne Flutes which seemed to be just the right size. I got the recipe from the bartender at the Coho Cafe in Issaquah.

This one was a big hit and quick to make. I don't know if many of you have need of cocktails like this, but if you do, this one is a keeper!

:toast:

Here is my house fru-fru drink.

The Hummingbird

1 medium banana

1 oz.Tia Maria (kahlua works fine)

1 oz. rum cream (We prefer rum cream, but Bailey's will also work)

1 oz. Appleton rum (the cheap one is best for this)

2 strawberries (the bartenders use strawberry syrup, but I like using the fruit)

splash of milk

add ice & blend

Basically an alcohol milkshake. When we vacation in Jamaica this is normally our first drink of the day.

Tom

a twist on the mimosa...i guess!

can't remember if i saw it somewhere (maybe Everyday Italian's giada) but something using champagne (or any brut sparkling wine) with the very very SWEET liqueur, Limoncello...

limoncello is nice, but too much like top shelf, liquid lemonheads after awhile...:cool:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.