Whiskey for Ike

boone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Act 2

December 1944,

Whiskey Given to "Ike" Made in Nelson County

Seventeen junkenting Congressmen in the European theater of war presented General Dwight D. Eisenhower with a bottle of Kentucky bourbon whiskey, bearing a special label with a picture of General Eisenhower and the inscription;

"This 8-year old Kentucky bourbon whiskey presented to General Eisenhower by Chairman May, House Committee on Military Affairs".

The whiskey, which the general immediately sent to a nearby field hospital for wounded men, was distilled and bottled by the Old Heaven Hill Springs Distilling Company of Bardstown, Nelson County.

Need I mention that the Master Distiller was my great-grandfather Joseph L. Beam.

I have lots and lots and lots of records and artifacts about the early days of bourbon in Kentucky.....I will post them here from time to time......

Bettye Jo

Yes, bourbon is a real part of real history. Real men such as Ike drank it and thought enough of it to share it with his troops.

I know you are proud of your family. You have every right to be.

Oh, I wish Americans could regain control of this American industry.

Tim

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.