Home Bar Liquor Cabinet

New2Whiskey
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone built their own liquor cabinet?

I would like to build one or make one that will 'highlight' my spirits and glassware. As well as being portable.

I noticed a thread here before of someone who bought a computer desk from IKEA and made it a storage cabinet for liquor. I believe it was under $400.

Anyone else have something similiar?

Hidden

I didn't build them. They were there when I bought the house. I have two glass door cabinets on either side of the doorway when you walk from my dining room into the living room. One side holds most of my open bottles and the other side holds glassware and a few bar tools; cocktail shakers cork screws and whatnot.

post-1977-14489813597874_thumb.jpg

I didn't build them. They were there when I bought the house. I have two glass door cabinets on either side of the doorway between my dining room and the living room. One side holds most of my open bottles and the other side holds glassware and a few bar tools; cocktail shaker, cork screw and whatnot.

post-1977-144898135983_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping to build one in the near future. I'm using a huge mirror with shelves that used to be part of our old dresser before we got new furniture. It looks better than it sounds. I'm really into bowling, and I've got access to some wood from some old lanes from a bowling alley I bowl at. A friend of mine who works there is going to help me build a bar/display set. My brother in-law works at a glass place and he can help me put glass doors on it. I've seen shelves, tables and stands built from old bowling lanes. I hope that my "bowling" bar will look as good when it's done. Joe

I have built my own cabinets and wine cellar (above ground). I actually recommend you build a good built in for your stash. It will be stronger, and when you move, you can change the things you end up not liking about what you built the first time...

In the next few weeks I will get my wine cellar, bourbon room pictures up... I used purple heart for all the wood work on mine... great look...

I have built my own cabinets and wine cellar (above ground). I actually recommend you build a good built in for your stash. It will be stronger, and when you move, you can change the things you end up not liking about what you built the first time...

In the next few weeks I will get my wine cellar, bourbon room pictures up... I used purple heart for all the wood work on mine... great look...

I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks to all for responding to the thread.

• 1 month later...

I've been looking for some kind of bar/cabinet/hutch to house my ever growing collection of bourbon. I was going to make a bar/display with the help of a friend, but it looks like that might not happen. (At least not for a long time) Stopped at several furniture stores today with no luck. We did find a piece at one place that was just okay, but we decided to keep looking. Stopped at a Big Lots on a whim, just because it was only a couple of minutes from home and we had to pass by it anyway. Good thing we did. They had some Broyhill furniture there on closeout. We picked up a $1600.00 sideboard w/deck (cabinet w/hutch) for $450.00. It is huge and very well made of solid wood. It was all we could do to get it in the house. It should hold all my bourbon, glasses and "stuff", with no problem. I'll post pictures when I get it all set up. Joe

Here's a couple of pics of my new "bar' before adding my stash. Joe

post-3455-14489813900277_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489813900449_thumb.jpg

Finally! My new "bar", complete with my stash. Joe

post-3455-14489813931625_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489813931797_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489813931956_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489813932108_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489813932263_thumb.jpg

I you kidding me? That is a beautiful masterpiece? WOW!!

I think I'm going to BIGLOTS tomorrow for sure. I passed by it today but didn't stop by.

Great cabinet. Great spirits.

• 3 months later...

I would like to see your set up Spun...lets see those pictures!

Thanks Spun! Amazing setup...I may have to stop by and see it on my Road trip down to San Antonio in December/January, if your schedule allows.

Buddy, I am close by via a very ready vehicle. Let me know your availability and I am "on the road". A special bottle in tow!

Buddy, I am close by via a very ready vehicle. Let me know your availability and I am "on the road". A special bottle in tow!

Any weekend (Friday-Sunday) less Sept 19-29th I am game.

And no worries on the bottle. You come here, we drink mine, we go there, we drink yours... we will not run dry that night :grin: ]

And bring anyone you want.. friends, kids, wife, etc...

• 2 months later...

Anyone else with great pictures of a home setup? At present, I have roughly 27 bottles of spirits. 1 Plum Brandy that is specially made that just will shine as the centerpiece.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.