The Kinsey Fire Observation Room

dave ziegler

Lookin' good Dave! Picking up the base on Friday. See you Sunday!

I just got the wired part of my Explosion Proof Lamp back today completely wired by a professional Electrian friend of Mine. Now once I get my Base from Rod the lamp will sit in front of My Bottle collection shining up on some of my bottles and Plant signs. I will post the finished Lamp soon! Here is a Picture of it a friend in the office held it for me to take the picture.

1. The Inner wired shaft is from the Old Jacob G Kinsey Bottle House ( Happy House ) as the girls called it. The inner Bayonet glass explosion proof scew in housing is also from the old Bottle house. The Green Shade and bell which I will be mounting when finished are from Explosion Proof Warehouse L second floor Barrel elevater area. This is a dream come true to have this to remember those great old days!

=====================================================

It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

-----------------------------------------------

Dave Z

This little treasure was found by Rod for me it has a little rust on the edge and inside but I was it a building built in 1892, so it is a very old example of Crouse / Hindes explosion proof lighting. It takes a large glass globe without a cage and luckly I found one to use tonight I am going to wire brush the metal holder and then do something with it. It was the Only remaining Light in the old Grain Process building and I spent many happy Hours sitting on the other side of the wall where the tunnel was and our lockers some of which still remain sitting outside now as the rest of the building has been torn down. We used the bathroom in this building it was the only other Plant bathroom. This hung over the grain machines and Rod climbed up and got it for me.

Here is a Picture of both sides of this 100 year old green enameled Shade.

1. The green outside of the shade. It has some rust on the edge but I cleaned it with a brilo and will put some clear nail polish to seal the rust.

2. The white inside has some rust but not bad for a building from 1892 that was abandoned 26 years ago with no heat and wide open.

I feel it is a priviledge to be able to save things like this for History, this is the last and only one so it is History. I gave Rod a green shade the same size I got years ago but it needs a different type of insert so we will be looking to find him the right one. I had his for years forgot I had it as had no shaft for it. I brought it to show Rod and He really liked it so we did a trade when he got this old guy for me.

These were the Only small green shades in the whole plant as the old buildings are either striped or never had any.

I also got the only White hooded light from the old Locker Room in the lunch room of O building warehouse. It is not Explosion proof but is made by a company called Bengimin Electric's.

Check out my Explosion Proof Floor Lamp on the Memories thread and another Lamp I am building.

Dave Z

========================================================

post-1964-1448981789628_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817896519_thumb.jpg

Looks good Dave. Glad to help. Maybe we'll find another one somewhere. You never know. I found 2 yesterday! And found another thermostat for you:)

If you do the nail polish, be careful to not get any on the green enamel. It will be very noticeable. Personally, I would leave the edges as is. Just remove any lose rust. I didn't think it was too bad.

Let me know what you do.

And I managed to get the screw & band of the old hood you gave me.

This little treasure was found by Rod for me it has a little rust on the edge and inside but I was it a building built in 1892, so it is a very old example of Crouse / Hindes explosion proof lighting. It takes a large glass globe without a cage and luckly I found one to use tonight I am going to wire brush the metal holder and then do something with it. It was the Only remaining Light in the old Grain Process building and I spent many happy Hours sitting on the other side of the wall where the tunnel was and our lockers some of which still remain sitting outside now as the rest of the building has been torn down. We used the bathroom in this building it was the only other Plant bathroom. This hung over the grain machines and Rod climbed up and got it for me.

Here is a Picture of both sides of this 100 year old green enameled Shade.

1. The green outside of the shade. It has some rust on the edge but I cleaned it with a brilo and will put some clear nail polish to seal the rust.

2. The white inside has some rust but not bad for a building from 1892 that was abandoned 26 years ago with no heat and wide open.

I feel it is a priviledge to be able to save things like this for History, this is the last and only one so it is History. I gave Rod a green shade the same size I got years ago but it needs a different type of insert so we will be looking to find him the right one. I had his for years forgot I had it as had no shaft for it. I brought it to show Rod and He really liked it so we did a trade when he got this old guy for me.

These were the Only small green shades in the whole plant as the old buildings are either striped or never had any.

I also got the only White hooded light from the old Locker Room in the lunch room of O building warehouse. It is not Explosion proof but is made by a company called Bengimin Electric's.

Check out my Explosion Proof Floor Lamp on the Memories thread and another Lamp I am building.

Dave Z

========================================================

Hey Rod not going to do the Nail polish on, it is good the way it is with the lose rust removed. I am now waiting for my new lamp made with the parts from the old scale weigh / house building out back.

Have the metal cage cleaned up and it will also have red Pilot light to go with the light with a cage on it! I am very thankful a friend at work has got her Husband who is a really good resistered electrian to wire it for me!

I really feel I am a very fortunet person. And I will post pictures of the finished Lamp. I have one goal and that is to save as much History I can of Kinsey Distillery, and Publicker Industries/Continental Distilling I can. My Hope is that everything I post is interesting and tells the whole story of the Company!

Dave Z

===================================================

America's Most magnificent Bourbon

Well My Goose Neck Lamp made from parts of the Old KInsey Scale/Weigh house is complete and shining in front of my Kinsey Floor Lamp and here are some shots of the working unit.

1. My big Kinsey Floor Lamp with the goose neck in front.

2. The Goose Neck Crouse / Hinds explosion proof lamp at the foot of my other lamp

3. A closeup of the Goose neck lamp lit with a Red Globe and metal Crouse hinds cage!

4. Here is one of two switches from the Old Scale House mounted on a Pilot light on my desk. The others are safe at home.

I am glad I got these parts before vandels could crape them. There are none left for them to do that to now!

I have fond memories of the Old Scale House with its windows facing East and West so you would get natural light at dawn and dusk. It looked like a small castle back in the day its falling down now.

The only lights in the building were these lights hanging down and the only switchs for them are here at work and home and are explosion proof bobben switches 1930's. There was also an oil filled explosion proof switch which I saved a couple of years ago. I found this switch thrown out on the ground and left in the rain and oiled cleaned and restored it. These are some of the rarest switches there.

Many a time working in the last warehouse #38 the only one with a number having something to do with the scale House walking over to the scale house and admireing it with its two 2,000 plus gal tanks mounted on weigh scales so they could gauge and weigh the amounts of total whiskey going down to the big 1/2 million gal tanks long gone that were down in the woods.

You would be working and you would hear the train coming and see it pushing a large rail tanker with Publicker Industries written on the sides.

It would pull just a couple of feet from the building unhook from the locomotive leave it and a hose would be hooked up to the tanker and they would using the pumps inside the building fill and weigh the whiskey tank after tank till it was all pumped by above ground pipes to the tanks in the woods. Then the totals from pumping were compared to the amount that was supposed to be in the tanker all while a Government man was there to supervise.

Once the totals tallied the same the tanker was taken away by the Locomotive again. The train would come back most times early the next morning!

More great memories of a Place a Job and People I loved back in the day. Working at Kinsey was something to Really be Proud of back in the Day as you were working for the Greatest Distilling and Chemical Company there ever was Publicker Industries.

Dave Z

====================================================

It Seems All The Nicest people Drink Old Hickory

Ameria's Most Magnificent Bourbon

post-1964-14489817905976_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817906137_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817906349_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817906565_thumb.jpg

Dave, in a way, Kinsey lives on in its restored lighting etc. A small part of the plant brought to life. Great job.

• 3 weeks later...

This past Saturday with the High Heat I was not surprised to step into 50 degree temps on the first floors of the Old Explosion proof warehouses. Also in Warehouse C it was Foggy of all things!

It is really sad to see these once beautiful Warehouses in complete ruin. The sadest part is if the man who owns them would have kept people out with security and with the type of wiring they had they could operate right now even after 26 years of abandonment. But once the vandels got in and opened and cut everything that was the beginning of the end. Also letting that company that claimed they were going to buy the plant and make a trash to steam plant, while the whole time all they did was steal metal and knock down the Old Historic DSP-PA-12, and catch the Old Bottle house and Barn on fire cutting metal. What he has let Happen and done himself to me is no Less Then a Crime.

Vandels even climbed the roofs and stole the edging so the Buildings all leak water and the corners of the buildings bricks are breaking out due to expansion in the Summer and Contraction in the winter with the water leaks.

Also the so called people fixing the Plant in the early 2001 & 2002 opened almost all the doors on the upper floors for Light and left them open to warp to the point you can't close them, and they now let bad weather in dooming them.

There will never be the Condo's at Kinsey Distillery or the Kinsey Distillery Living History museuim of Linfield. When the Plant closed the front Historic Buildings were all in great shape and could easily been made into a tourisum spot, but no in a very Brainless and foolish act the owner just chose to walk away shut everything down abandon it and just pay the taxes.

Dave Z = The Best Old Fashioneds Are, You'll Find The Mellow, Made With Kinsey Kind!

====================================================

Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of weeks ago When Rod and his friend Adam went to the plant with me I took a couple of cool pictures he they are.

1. Rod checking out #2 Gauging tank 4,120 gal cap warehouse C.

2. First Names on the Elevator wall all old frinds of mine from back in the day they are in order

Joe - Machukas

Bud - Bergy

Bill - Ewing

Jack - Raysor, we all worked together in the warehouses.

3. The only in tack Electrical Header I have seen in all the warehouses it still has most of its covers.

4. The Last of the barrels left at the plant getting really bad now.

It is hot out today but I may still go for a short walk at Kinsey today as it has been 2 weeks since was there.

Dave Z

---------------------------------------------------------------------

post-1964-14489817961168_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817961327_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817961476_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817961626_thumb.jpg

Walking around the Plant on Sunday afternoon I was totally amazed at how the trees and weeds are also taking over some of the warehouses out back. The whole thing is almost unreal to me. The Fire Observation tower warehouse Q has a large open hole in the wall where the guy who owns the Place had knocked out part of the right side wall then stuck a lardge wooden section in the hole. Well the holders rotted off and now the building is completely open the weather and from the fire years ago on the third floor there is a large hole the Fire company Punched on the right side up top.

Q warehouse the most unique of the warehouses is not long for the world. All this kills me as 26 years ago everything was in good shape till this rotten person just after driving Publicker out with to high a leasing price just pushed anyone renting there out and abandoned the Plant in fall 1986.

here are two pictures of the Virginia Creeper and weeds at work.

1. Warehouse T the dock is slowly disapearing from the Virginia creeper at work. I could not get anywhere near the dock. The trees and weeds and creeper are going nuts.

2. Looking down from warehouse #38 at warehouses T&S as the weeds and creeper take over.

Dave Z

==================================================

Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey

For Unhurried Moments

post-1964-14489817999089_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817999266_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

today taking pictures of what the fire did to the oldest buildings at Kinsey I just found it at so hard to believe. I really miss being able to walk in the Old DSP-PA-10 Rye Barn, it was such a neat building with all its wooden framework to hold the old Pot Still and now it is all gone! Thankfully the side of the stair case that said Kinsey # 10 rye Barn is in my garage, but all the other stencils are all burnt and gone. I am forever glad I took pictures of the stenciled Fast aging whiskey on the barn uprights. Kinsey Just like people is dying and one day will be gone, but if I have my way its name will live forever! Tomorrow I will post my fire pictures on the memories thread

Dave Z

===================================================================================

Picture of the alley between buildings after the fire

They stood there from Late 1892 till Friday June 30,2012

I can not get this right with the new system so I will start this post again later and just abandon this as it keeps locking up and I lost all the other Pictures of the fire damage and can't get them back here. The One Picture is of the alley between the Old #10 Rye Barn and the old Bottle house look for me to start over soon.

Dave Z

post-1964-14489818044135_thumb.jpg

Edited by dave ziegler

Kinsey Warehouses B,D,E and the #10 Rye Barn

1892 till June 30 2012

I finnally figuered what I was doing wrong so I am posting 5 Pictures now and will post many more here and on the memories thread. Gone are Warehouse B 1892/Warehouses D&E and the number Ten Rye Barn knocked down to get to the fire in Warehouse B & D. in fighting the fire they Knocked down half of Warehouse E. I will get back to posting but Lunch time is over and its back to work I go.

1. Standing where the #10 Rye Barn was Looking at Warehouse E built early 1900's

2. Sprinker and electrical pipes at bottom of what was 1892 Kinsey waehouse B the

second warehouse built on the sight when Jacob G Kinsey bought the place.

3. Shot of warehouse E

4. Warehouse D elevator Shaft at river wall of building

5. Closeup of Warehouse D Top of elevator shaft note Motor still sitting on steel rails at top. This buildings Elevator was different as built into the back brick wall and even a window in the shaft the others had the top of the elevator sitting on the roof. And Warehouses A & B had a chain hoist to rack barrels and remove them very dangerous but in 1892 that was the way. The others were built a couple of yrs later when you could get frieght elevators Locally from Reading.

Now that I figuered what I was doing wrong I will post more soon. The picture on the thread before this one is of what was the alley between the #10 Rye Barn and the Old Bottle House built by Kinsey. Just a note I will post some more pictures on the Memories thread today.

Dave Z

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-1964-14489818044299_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818044513_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818044726_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818044939_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818045106_thumb.jpg

Edited by dave ziegler

Here are some copies of some pictures I posted years ago of Kinsey the year was 2003 and I had not got there yet but was lucky enough to find these pictures when I first learned to use a computer.

1. Cyprus fermenters in dsp-pa-12 the one far left had the fish in it when I worked there we clocked out to the the left of the tank picture

2. Dsp-Pa.- 12 still where we clocked in every day. Platform on top at the back of the building once held the water cistren tank. And is on the old picture from the turn of the century of Kinsey I have!

3. Doors into Dsp-pa-12 note sign which I wish I had says Continental Distilling corp Distiller DSP-Pa-1

4. Pink Mack truck sits abandonded. All these pictures are from 2003. Note the steam lines going behind the truck in the picture go from the boiler room out front to the very back of the plant to warehouse #38 just before the steer pens.

5. The missing metal work parts of the Old Grain drying building when I worked there it was not used but complete yet and fully sprinkeled and had heat and electric. Charlie Sipler parked his buggy on the bottom floor and there were lockers and a shower on the second floor then.

6. Boiler room stack,the two coal buring boilers sat below and note the old grain process building behind the area.

I will post some more rare pictres again here soon. I am always thankful when I find old Kinsey pictures there are very few around!

Dave Z

==================================================================================

Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments

post-1964-14489818056098_thumb.jpg

post-1964-144898180564_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818056995_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818057199_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818057418_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818058005_thumb.jpg

Edited by dave ziegler

I went back to Kinsey on Sunday with Rod and while I was there saved the piece of wooden Rack from warehouse E I had taken a picture of Sunday a week ago with Ethan.

2. again here is a shot of the piece Sec. 1, fastened to an old wood ladder which I have put aside also.

I got my friends to trim it down to a size to save it and the next picture is of it restored to save for

history.

3. Here is the piece I have fastened a picture of it laying in the rubble on the back and a note about its history and tonight I am going to get a steel picture hanging cabel so it can be hung and displayed.

1.Back wall Warehouse E with door which was closed for close to 20 years with a Continental Distilling Padlock. Rod climbed down in and took some shots he is going to give me and found that a good part of the building except two places was in real good shape and he was even able to climb and walk on the second floor boards. What a shame they knocked the wall down when they did not need to as no Fire got in there, But it is done. Warehouse E looks to have been the only intack Kinsey Warehouse till the fire Friday a week.

4. The Elevator Shaft for Warehouse E

7. Warehouse E Section K of racks. They were marked so on paper forms you could always find the lot of Barrels you were looking to pull. Rod saw one solitary empty Barrel in the building. The reason being all the old Whisky in there was used for Rittenhouse Rye and the 20 year old, OLD Hickory Bourbon special bottling they did back in the day. I can personally tell you The Whisky from Old Warehouses E & D were some of the Very Best Whisky that Continental Distilling ever made and a large part of them if not all were distilled at DSP-PA-12 & 10 in Linfield and put to age in those old buildings. They were rolled on the old rails between the old Bottle House and the two Warehouses and racked before my time most likely when My dad worked there.

1. Another Shot of Warehouse E Elevator through hole you can see the elevator

For some reason the pictures have ended up in the wrong places and are not in the right order I tried to delete the whole post to start over but it would not so you can from what I wrote figure which is which. Sorry this new system has some strange ways!

I am going to post some pictures from years ago on the memories thread again later today or tomorrow.

My goal is to save as many different things as I can to be able to show what it was like to work there and are daily jobs and what, how and where we worked. I want people to be able to get the true picture Of kinsey and Contiental Distilling and our Parent Company the greatest Distiller of Industrial and drinking spritis ever Publicker Industries. This thread is messed up I have tried and tried to fix it but the system will not let me put the right order of the pictures so just enjoy the pictures and sorry

Dave Z

==========================================================================

post-1964-14489818059428_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818059638_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818059847_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818059998_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818060154_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818060304_thumb.jpg

Edited by dave ziegler

Ok if I can't edit it I can put the pictures by number here.

1.Warehouse E the Only door in on the back wall.

2. The wooden Piece laying in the rubble of the fire

3.The Wooden section after I cut it to size and restored it to save for History.

4. Another shot of the door in warehouse E this door was locked for about 20 years with a Continental Distilling Padlock and survived well till the fire hit building beside it Warehouse D and the People decided to knock its wall down for no good reason.

5. Warehouse E Elevator Shaft

6. Racks in Warehouse E section 10.

This way when you go back and know what the pictures are.

Dave Z

Hidden

I sure had my trpuble today with my Post so here are the pictures by number.

1. Warehouse E Only Door in.

2. The Wooden Piece of the Racks in Warehouse E I saved from the ruins.

3. The wooden Piece after I got my Friends to trim it to be saved for History.

4.Another Shot of the back wall of Warehouse E this door was sealed for about 20 years till the fire with an old Continental Distilling lock. And sadly This warehouse was not bad inside till they decided to knock the wall down as there was no signs of fire anywhere in it.

5. Warehouse E Elevator Shaft.

6. Racks in Warehouse E Section 10.

This way you can match the number to the picture.

Dave Z

• 3 weeks later...

The Fire at Kinsey was such a sad day and you had to have worked there to know how well things used to be kept back when I worked there! I used my Digital camera and took a close up of the oldest part of the Plant back in 1947 in an artists conseption picture I have of the Plant.

If you look at the far Right you see from the front back Warehouse E,then D and B and A then the railroad bridge and Warehouses F & G and H smaller to the left side with New warehouse R's white wall sitting at the Extreme back right of the picture.

Going from the front back again on the Left side middle is The Old Kinsey Bottle House ( Happy House ) and inbetween it and Warehouses D & E would be the rails to put barrels in those front warehouses. Next in the Middle is the #10 Rye Barn and the small white & Black building left of the Rye barn was the Plant Office where Jake Kinsey did business and it was the Plant office the whole time Publicker owned the Plant also. Next on the far front left green & white is the Old company House George Dill lived in when I worked there and the Plant nurse was on the first floor.

Then the building farther back on the left with the green roof and whiite bottom is the Old Maintaince Barn, and Behind that is the Old Grain drying buildings and the Boiler room big stack and the DSP-PA-12 Distiller on the right and behind it the Grain Process building.

The Picture gives you an Idea of how the original Plant looked when Continental Distilling bought it at silent Auction in 1940.

The years I worked there everything was well cared for and maintained. Once Publicker was gone so was Kinsey.

Dave Z

===========================================================================

post-1964-14489818120898_thumb.jpg

Edited by dave ziegler

• 3 weeks later...

Well I went to Kinsey to look at Warehouse's A,B,D,and E for the last time before they are torn down this week and I was determine to find a way to Save the 50 gal Sethness Caramel Coloring Barrel that sat on the second level floor in the Half knocked down Kinsey Warehouse E and Its a done deal. Here are two pictures of Ethan and his friend Eric and Ethans wife Gretchen lowering the barrel and bringing it out for me before the building is gone forever.

I wish I could have saved more they also helped me carry the small Length of Ladder that my Section 1 piece of wood was on originaly in warehouse D. I looked on the web and Sethness Caramel Coloring company is still in bussiness since 1880 so not every old company is gone and we used alot of Caramel coloring. Sadly the building was the only one that only had minor roof leaks when Lightening hit them and Ethan told me I was wrong it had started to burn when they knocked down the wall he saw signs of fire.

I have a few more pictures to post from today of the last of those buildings and will do them most likely tomorrow. Warehouse E was the building where the Amazing 20 yr Old Hickory came from and when I worked there I remembered all the barrels in there with early 1950's dates. Alot of the whiskey if not all in them was distilled at Kinsey in those out front warehouses from 1892 and early 1900's.

Dave Z

============================================================================

post-1964-14489818167522_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818167736_thumb.jpg

Edited by dave ziegler

Hey! That looks familiar. As for the fire, the wood was still smoldering and giving off wisps of smoke around the elevator area. Pretty weird to see it still smoldering over a month later!

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some shots of the fire area now that warehouses, D,E and B and the Kinsey #10 Rye Barn are gone forever!

Taken on Sunday Aug 26,2012

1. The only oldest remaining building at Kinsey is warehouse A in bad shape but survives for now with damage where the wrecking ball caught its front wall. Built in 1892 by jake Kinsey.

2. Another shot of Warehouse A the first warehouse Mr Kinsey ever built, it and B gone now had no elevator you had to put grapling hooks on each end head and lower each barrel with a chain hoist. Once we emptied them A and B were never filled again by Continental.

3. All that is left of the Old Kinsey #10 Rye Barn is this part of its wall. Glad I saved the written piece from the wooden stair a year ago.

4. Here is all that is left of Warehouse D the bottom of where the Elevator shaft was.

5. Looking across where Warehouse Buildings B,D,E and the Barn were.

6. Looking across to what is left of the Old ( Happy House ) Kinsey Bottling House 1933.

7. Another shot of warehouse A the inside wall that fitted against warehouse B.

8. One last shot looking where the Buildings once stood.

I think the sadest thing is that Warehouse E was in fairly good shape compared to the other burned down brick warehouses and the remaining ones. They stood there for 120 years for Warehouses A & B and over a 100 years for the Barn and D and E warehouse. And suddenly Lightening Hits them weird!

I have not gone there much the last few weeks but I want to go this weekend and walk around again.

Dave Z

=============================================================================

post-1964-14489818224979_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818225197_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818225409_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818225646_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818225858_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818226093_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981822631_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818226531_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I will be posting Pictures in all 3 Threads today that I got from my Friend Butch who worked at the Publicker Phila Plant! Here are some Rare Pictures Of Philip Publickers American Commercail Alcohol Plant In Phila just a short Distance from Publicker Commercail Alcohol Corp. Harry Publicker and Philip Publicker were Brothers who went their own ways. So just Like Publicker Industries, American Distilling started in Phila, Pa.

1. American Commercial Alcohol Company Tank Farm Still is top center.

2. Another shot of the Distiller at American Commercial Alcohol Company, 1938 at Tasker street and Delaware Ave. The Plant was a merger of David Berg Industrial Alcohol Company and American Commercial Alcohol Company and became American Commercial Alcohol Company.

I was very excited to get these rare Pictures and hope for many more. They tell the stories of two Great men, Harry Publicker founder of Publicker Commerical Alcohol Company / Publicker Industries 1933 and Philip Publicker Founder of American Commercial Alcohol Company / American Distilling and shows that American Distilling also had its roots in Pa in Phila!

Dave Z

====================================================================

post-1964-14489818248357_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818248547_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818248357_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818248547_thumb.jpg

Edited by dave ziegler

• 4 weeks later...

Last Sunday as I walked past Warehouse Q I was amazed how bad a shape it is in and very sad because the Fire Tower is on top of the fire escape on the back of the building. The man who owns the building back when he was leaseing back to Publicker cut a large part of the wall out of it and warehouse I. He then instead of putting a large door just had a wooden frame pushed in.

This past spring the wood wall has fallen out leaving the building open to what ever. Also many years ago vandels set fire to some corn whisky barrels on the 3dr floor. The fire company to put out the fire smashed in the back orner wall to put the fire out. The Building now on the one side has two places open and getting water on the brick and terricotta work!

It is amazing how one Rotten person can impact a place as much as He has, all the damage and abandonment lays on Him, he is the example of a large slum landlord, buy a place then leave it rot and claim loss for years then just let it rot.

Looking now you would never know the glory of Kinsey Distillery back in the day!

Dave Z

It Seems All The nicest People Drink Old Hickory

• 1 month later...

Sunday Ethan and His Wife and I went to Kinsey. While there we Had pictures taken by his wife of me and Him pretending to be putting in a day in the warehouse.

1. Me and Ethan loading Barrels on the Barrel Elevator!

2. Me doing what I did so many times when behind the Loader holding the barrel ready to Kick it up the incline to the elevator loader.

3. Ethan Loading a barrel on the Elevator.

4. Barrel Graveyard

Me and Ethan found some real nice Barrel heads to take home from 1963. I also thanks to Ethan was able to save two of the Last Warehouse Signs for History, Warehouse M and S.

Everytime I go it seems so much more worse there, it really gets to me. How this could have happened to Si Neumans Beautiful Distillery on the River is hard to take. I go and find myself remembering people who worked in each building I see when I go there.

It is very hard to find much of anything left there that is any good. But With the Help of People Like Ethan and Rod and Mike and Others I try to save all I can for History.

Dave Z

post-1964-14489818407715_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818408159_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818408563_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818408996_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818407715_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818408159_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818408563_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489818408996_thumb.jpg