The Kinsey Fire Observation Room

dave ziegler

stealing scrap metal I guess? Not much else left worth stealing other than scrap value?

Looks like another fire there, at least 15 fire and rescue trucks(Linfield, Limerick and Royersford) all went to distillery around 40 minutes ago. A bunch were in the parking lot at the road, couldn't tell what was going on there but some kind of fire. I'll keep an eye on Linfield Fire's facebook page to see if they post anything.

Just saw they started a fire in O Building The Old Government Building. And the Losey Fire company instead of getting a Key Just cut all the Lock's, Plus cut the doors so anyone can go in because their E go says they are Cool! They could have rolled the doors right up!

Dave Z

Edited by dave ziegler

• 1 month later...

Well early this week I found out there was another fire at Kinsey! Once again Q building had a fire in it. It is so sad seeing the place destroyed by punks. I never in my life could have envisioned this happening to Kinsey Distillery. it is hard for anyone to imagine what it used to be. I am going to get some Pictures of what has happened in the 13 years since I first went back there.

Dave Z

Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments

Do you think it's actually kids vandalizing the place, or maybe folks just looking for shelter and trying to stay warm? We had an instance here a while back, where a vacant manufacturing/warehouse building caught on fire. The consensus seems to be it was from a homeless person or people that had started a fire to keep warm.

Here are some pictures from the Sams Photo Facts book I used to have I sold it to Ethan as he is young and it is in safe hands for History!

the first 4 pages are Kinsey Distillery before Continental Distilling bought it and after. the next 2 are of Publicker in Phila.

When I got this book it was wet and full od silver fish, I killed them and it is restored and in great shape now. My Skills I learned when I was young working at a Museum once again helped me to save something truly Historic as this sat on a very large table at 1429 Walnut street wordl wide headquarters of Publicker The Book started in 1936.

Dave Z

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

post-1964-14489822194695_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822195263_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822195809_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822196358_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822196899_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822197486_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822194695_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822195263_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822195809_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822196358_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822196899_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822197486_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Joe When the fire company got there they saw a bunch of young people running into the woods I found out. It is so sad to see the fire tower building so ruined, it was such a great idea when it was built and it kept the plant free of fires as long as it operated. I still feel blessed to have worked there back in the day. I hope to get over there this week to check and make sure the Bottling house is still sealed. I am afraid some crazy Kids will get themselves killed there. I once stopped a Kid from climbing to old water tower out front. I yelled at him to come down and pointed to the fact that all the guide wires holding that far side were broken and the ladder to the top is rotten. He said oh wow did not look before climbing!

Dave Z

==========================================

Join The Swing To Kinsey

• 2 weeks later...

Think there might be another fire back there right now(4/30 @730pm). Fire call says Main and Longview and the only thing to warrant the number of trucks that responded would be Kinsey.

"Linfield Fire Company is currently at a building fire at the old Kinsey's Distillery. Assisting is Royersford Fire Company, Ridge Fire Company, Limerick Fire Company, Spring City Fire Company, Trappe Fire Company, Norco Fire Company, North Penn Goodwill, Perkiomen Fire Academy, and Trappe Ems. Standing by at our station is Kimberton Fire Company and Blackrock fire company."

Can't tell which building it is from the pics on Linfield Fire's Facebook page.

Just found out about it as my Computer crashed and had to be brought back buy recovery from HP, lost all my pictures. I will have to go look this weekend, I was just there on Tuesday with friends from Libery Distilling the makers of the New Kinsey Whiskey. Thanks for letting me know!

dave Z

Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments

• 3 weeks later...

Today at 9:00 AM Dave from New Liberty Distilling came to my House and drove me down to tour the Distillery Located in a very Beautiful building that was the former horse Stable for Crane corp the Pluming manufacturer in Philadelphia Opening in 1905! A big thanks to Robert Cassell master Distiller for New Liberty Distilling, Charles and Dave and everyone else there that made the time great! I am posting 6 of 62 Pictures I took today there will be more to come on all my Threads.

3. Fresh and tasty Grains tasted them would have had some in bowl with milk if I could have

4. Sign on the Distillery outside.

5. The Crane Stable Building completely restored as it looked back in 1905 inside the barrel racks sit in old Horse stalls!

6. Mike Labeling Kinsey Whisky Bottles.

2. Robert Cassell Master Distiller for Liberty Distilling,Dave from the Distillery also a Master Distiller and Myself in the middle sipping The New coming Mid Summer Kinsey Bourbon. It was awesome Bourbon.

1. A filled Barrel of Kinsey Whisky aging in the rack, barrel head says New Liberty Distilling!

Sorry about the way the numbers are not in order but for some weird reason they loaded out of the original order.

I will be posting more pictures on, soon some showing the old horse stalls, it was a wonderful time with good food Good Whiskey and Good people! Kinsey whisky is available in FL, GA,SC, Maryland, DC and Pa. I was wrong about NC it is not available there. I also want to let Everyone Know I just found out that another long gone Kinsey Brand was bought by them when they Got the Kinsey Label they also bought the rights to the Linfield Straight Whiskey Label last made in the late 1950's I showed them my Linfield Staight Bourbon Bottle they took pictures of the label and the funny part is the Label they have been working on for the bottle is very much like the original.

Dave Z

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments

----------------------------------------------------------------

Join The Swing To Kinsey

post-1964-1448982238885_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822389432_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822389989_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822390592_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822391166_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822391739_thumb.jpg

Edited by dave ziegler

Awesome report Dave! I'm very pleased that you get to witness this rebirth of your old love!

I agree with Pat. It's great that you've finally been able to see something good happening.

Cheers to you Dave!

Joe

Thanks Paddy I am thrilled to see old Publicker Brands returning, including Old Hickory in the state of Tn.

Dave Z

Thanks Joe it is awesome seeing the return of the Kinsey Whiskey Name, the Linfield Straight Whiskey and Old Hickory Whiskey in Tn. The People who brought back Kinsey said my writings gave them the Idea to try and get the Label Brand since it was a very old Pa brand 1892.

Dave Z

I thought you may have had some influence there, and I think that it's wonderful that they are making you a part of the rebirth! Blending the old with the new, what an awesome thing... and they sure have done a great job with that wonderful, historic old building. Best of luck to them, and congrats to you as well!!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, Dave had some influence. He also gets a call out on their website. "A Whiskey Sourced, Blended & Bottled by Robert J. Cassell, a Pennsylvania Craft Whiskey Pioneer. Validated by a Former Employee of the Continental Distilling Co." :-)

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Chuck I was thrilled when I saw that. They have been very Kind to me and I really enjoy trying their Whiskeys. just got a Bottle of Kinsey Bourbon to try and it is a nice Whiskey for sure. They also told me that they purchased the Old Continental Brand Linfield Straight Bourbon and plan on using it in the future. That will be an exciting Time. I never got to try that one. If anyone ever finds an old Bottle of it let me know I would gladly buy it to try it. My biggest problem right now is no incoming money. On Sept 23 I will be 68 I sure am hoping to find a bottle of Old Hickory to drink on my Birthday!

Dave Z =========================

Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky

Thanks Chuck I was thrilled when I saw that. They have been very Kind to me and I really enjoy trying their Whiskeys. just got a Bottle of Kinsey Bourbon to try and it is a nice Whiskey for sure. They also told me that they purchased the Old Continental Brand Linfield Straight Bourbon and plan on using it in the future. That will be an exciting Time. I never got to try that one. If anyone ever finds an old Bottle of it let me know I would gladly buy it to try it. My biggest problem right now is no incoming money. On Sept 23 I will be 68 I sure am hoping to find a bottle of Old Hickory to drink on my Birthday!

Dave Z =========================

Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky

We need to train you to use CL when referring to me here on SB.com. ;-) Bobby Cox gave me that nickname in 2002 to avoid confusion with Chuck Cowdery.

BTW, I deactivated my Facebook profile. Don't know if or when I'll reactivate it. In the meantime, send me a PM here at SB.com. Also, I will send you a PM with my private email address.

• 1 month later...

I am having internet troubles and I am posting these 3 Pictures quickly as I have tried 3 times and lost all my writing. These are Pictures my Friend Butch gave me

1. An Aerial Picture of the Publicker Plant with graphics by Butch.

2. A picture of an old Publicker tanker May 1915.

3. An old Publicker Alcohol Can.

I will write some the next time I post just want to get these on before I lose everything again. Well thankfully I got this on this time and I am editing now that it is safely on. I got alot more pictures to post if the internet works right.

Dave Z

==================================================

Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments!

post-1964-14489822703258_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448982270363_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822704045_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here are 3 more Pictures of the Back side of Warehouse O the former Government Building with cement blocks sealing the doors forever. This is all because of the Worthless people who set fires there. Now History can never be saved one piece at a time again. i am thankful for the years I could take people on tours there and save many historic things.

Dave Z

-----------------------------------------------------------

================================

Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments

post-1964-14489822854247_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822877527_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489822878134_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

As of Last week Nov 4 all the warehouses are blocked or Completely sealed! The sad thing for me is the Police go there every day many times so the creeps who set the fires have won in that I can never walk through again thanks to them. I have no desire to be fined and arrested and they take some people away when they catch them!

Dave Z

====================================================

Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments.

• 3 months later...

Talked to my friends who watch Kinsey two nights ago and the Son of the man who owned the Plant is now having a metal dealer look at all the Bottling house incoming tanks and the two 1/2 Million gal tanks as someone may want them to take them apart and take them somewhere to use! But if he is like his Dad was the price  will end up being crazy and they will not buy them. As of two days ago they had looked at them and the guys are waiting to see if they will be bought! Someone had asked to find out how much  to take them apart and clean the graffitty off them and put them back togehter.

Dave Z

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Join The Swing To Kinsey

• 4 months later...

I found out this week that the two 1/2 Million Gallon tanks in the middle of the Plant are going to be sold by the son of the person who owned the plant and be cut up for scrap. A very Sad ending for them. I showed allot of stuff to the People that went with me in there today,and had some fun just being able to go in the plant the memories just washed over me! If I can ever get some new pictures on here I will but not knowing how to with this new set up! We did allot of walking and then I had lunch bought for me. And sipped some of the Newest Product from New Liberty Distilling Linfield Rye Whiskey! When they bought the Kinsey Label they also bought the Linfield Whiskey brand.  They plan to also make Kinsey Silver and Kinsey Gold Blended whiskies in the near future. They are great people and if in Phila call them for a tour and buy some whiskey right at the Distillery! They have a good deal on the Linfield Rye at the plant or on Line!

Dave Z

---------------------------------------------------------

Join The Swing To Kinsey

• 3 months later...

On My Birthday Sept 23 I turned 69 Years old and My Friends from New Liberty Distillery Sent me two Bottles of Linfield Straight Rye as a gift. I sure enjoyed it. If you can find it it is a wonderful rye and a great tribute to the Old Linfield Whiskey Brand. It you get to the Phila area get a tour call frank At New Liberty / Millstone Spirits number on the web sight and get a tour  and buy a bottle right at the Distillery.

It is a really Tasty Rye.

Dave Z

--------------------------------------------------------------

It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory 

America's Most Magnificent Boubon