dave ziegler

The Kinsey Fire Observation Room

Harry in WashDC

Thanks for the note, Dave.  I've been on a rye odyssey lately.  I'll keep an eye out for this.

dave ziegler

About 1 Month and 1/2 ago I went with my friends who are caretakers for the Distillery, it was very sad to see what it looked like. The 1/2 Million Gallon tanks have been scraped by the son of the man who owed the place. Police wait every day to arrest anyone who goes in there and everything possible has been destroyed. I could hardly stand seeing it. The Pine tree I mulched as a Young Man was knocked down by the Scrap Company that cut up the tanks. For no good reason then they felt like it. And everything is covered with weird writing in Paint! I do not think I will ever go there again. I will still write about the Plant and company as long as I live!

Dave Z

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

Edited by dave ziegler
One wrong Picture

dave ziegler

Well this is something I want to say about the Distillery. It may soon be sold, I am not allowed to say much more then that. But if it goes through most of the Explosion Proof Warehouses May be spared. I can't say how now but once it is sold I will explain how. I hope to get a walk through without being arrested after it is sold if it happens. If they do what they talk about doing I will be most happy. 

Dave Z

=====================================

Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Times

Richnimrod
8 hours ago, dave ziegler said:

Well this is something I want to say about the Distillery. It may soon be sold, I am not allowed to say much more then that. But if it goes through most of the Explosion Proof Warehouses May be spared. I can't say how now but once it is sold I will explain how. I hope to get a walk through without being arrested after it is sold if it happens. If they do what they talk about doing I will be most happy. 

Dave Z

=====================================

Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Times

I'm certain many fingers are crossed.....     Think good thoughts DZ.

dave ziegler

Well on my memories thread I wrote about my trip to the New Liberty Distillery this week, ( The New Kinsey Distilling ). On my bottling House thread I wrote and Posted some new Pictures of the brand New retro Labels they have created for their New Old School Bottles they are raise Lettered Like the old Kinsey ones from back  then and round bottles. They gave me a Bottle of their New 10 year American whiskey created to replace the 7 year Straight. It was a gift for my Birthday today as I turned 70 years today on the 23rd. This Whiskey as the young would say ROCKS good old school taste. I was very sick all week with a Pinched Nerve in my left hip, I am all but completely recovered tonight Thank God. And if you read this thread go to the  threads to hear about the whiskey and also on the bottle house thread to see the  new Labels. I have some loose Labels I will Post later this week of the new Labels.

Dave Z

========================

------------------------------------------------

Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments

dave ziegler

I really look forward to when I get to go to Kinsey for the last time soon. Want to get pictures of what is left of the Plant since all the tanks are now gone cut for scrap. And everything walled shut will be surreal for me. But for History sake I want a final set of pictures of what is left of the Kinsey Distillery, it was a great place to work and a beautiful place back in the day.

Here are a couple of Pictures from back in the day.

1. When the barn was torn down where DSP-Pa-10 pot stool  once was I got this part of the the stair case and still have it.

2. Also this part

3. Harry Publickers  Sitting room outside Si Neumans Office.

Dave Z------------------------------------------

It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

America's Most Magnificent Bourbon.

================================

DSCN0102.jpg

DSCN0103.jpg

DSCN9537.jpg

ethangsmith

Will you be allowed on site? I know there's been a heavy police presence since the fires.

dave ziegler

Yes with the guys who work with the owner the son of the man used to own it.

Dave Z

------------------------------------------------------

Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments!

dave ziegler

Well here are some more Pictures from 2011 At Kinsey Distillery I found I had saved after my computer going down begining of the year.

1. Walking into the Plant.

2. Inside the Old Kinsey 1933 Bottling house which was used for Liquors till the Plant closed in 1986.

3. Looking where the bottling Lines were.

4. Looking up to where the second floor was. When I first went there you could go up the steps were there.

5. Steps to go out of the building to the old long gone Kinsey office.

6. Looking from the front near the road back at the bottle line area.

I will be posting on the Memories thread later today so check out this one and the Fire Observation thread I have posted on.

Dave Z

-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kinsey the Unhurried Whisky for Unhurried Moments.

001.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

017.JPG

020.JPG

022.JPG

• I like it 1