After better than 35 years I shall taste Rittenhouse Rye

dave ziegler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well I finally Have 2 bottels of Rittenhouse Rye from HH 80 proof. I have read so many great reviews but the lousey system in Pa will not get you any. Well after I found out about Binnys on here I called ordered and they came by Fed x to work today. Will take them home tonight and renew an old friendship! The very first Whiskey I ever had at Kinsey was from a barrel of Straight Rye in one of the Old 1892 Warehouses and it was very good, the guy who showed me told me then not knowing much that it and its sisters in the racks were to according to barrel numbers Rittenhouse rye! I was also very pleased to see that HH is using the name Continental Distilling on the labels, what a tribute to Continental Distilling the original maker of this brand founded in 1933! it was named for Rittenhouse Square a famous square in Philadelphia and was first called Rittenhouse Square Rye Whiskey! Later shorten to Rittenhouse Rye. Mr Simon Neuman chairman of Continental for 43 years would be proud of the heritage going on! They had other ones named for places in Philadelphia sure as Cobbs creek Blended named for the Cobbs Creek that runs through one of the big Parks in the Cobbs creek section of the city. And everyone Remembers Philadelphia Blended and the Liberty Bell Decanter, and the amazing old Ads with 1776 pictures. They were creative in their names and most people living when they were still distilling will remember some of those famous names. Such as Dixie Belle Gin, Hallers SRS, Inver House Scotch, Planters Club Bourbon, Hallers County Fair BIB 100 proof Bourbon and Always Old Hickory Bourbon! I am very pleased to see the old name on a bottle and will do some serious testing!

Dave

Well I finally Have 2 bottels of Rittenhouse Rye from HH 80 proof. I have read so many great reviews but the lousey system in Pa will not get you any. Well after I found out about Binnys on here I called ordered and they came by Fed x to work today. Will take them home tonight and renew an old friendship! The very first Whiskey I ever had at Kinsey was from a barrel of Straight Rye in one of the Old 1892 Warehouses and it was very good, the guy who showed me told me then not knowing much that it and its sisters in the racks were to according to barrel numbers Rittenhouse rye! I was also very pleased to see that HH is using the name Continental Distilling on the labels, what a tribute to Continental Distilling the original maker of this brand founded in 1933! it was named for Rittenhouse Square a famous square in Philadelphia and was first called Rittenhouse Square Rye Whiskey! Later shorten to Rittenhouse Rye. Mr Simon Neuman chairman of Continental for 43 years would be proud of the heritage going on! They had other ones named for places in Philadelphia sure as Cobbs creek Blended named for the Cobbs Creek that runs through one of the big Parks in the Cobbs creek section of the city. And everyone Remembers Philadelphia Blended and the Liberty Bell Decanter, and the amazing old Ads with 1776 pictures. They were creative in their names and most people living when they were still distilling will remember some of those famous names. Such as Dixie Belle Gin, Hallers SRS, Inver House Scotch, Planters Club Bourbon, Hallers County Fair BIB 100 proof Bourbon and Always Old Hickory Bourbon! I am very pleased to see the old name on a bottle and will do some serious testing!

Dave

Well I got my 80 Proof Rittenhouse Rye today and just got done a shot and all I can say is Wow I like it. It is so long ago I had it at Kinsey but I can tell you one thing That is as close as my Memory can be to what I drank back then smooth, a great Flavor like rye bread and a touch of Sugar. Sweet smell. They I am sure are following the Publicker / Continental receipy as close as can be done with todays costs. It is so much better then Old Overholt it just can't compare. The best Rye Whiskey I have had in many a year. Many thanks to Binny's for having it as Pa is a joke trying to get stuff like that!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.