J.W. Dant BIB

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Hi all, I tried this the other night at Delilah's and was impressed. I see that it got a less than favorable review in Murray's book. I have ordered a bottle from the usual suspects, but was wondering about the group's impressions? This was the last in a series of shots, so I don't know if that any influence or not. Any more info other than it was a UD whiskey from Heaven Hill?

Cheers,

Bushido

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I picked up a bottle of this early this year on a recommendation form an old friend. (Some time ago he switched to Maker's Mark). I imagine it was current stock, so this probably means Heaven Hill distilled. I did not like it much, it has been a while, but I do remember a musty sort of taste as part of the mix. Since I had too many bottles around the house at the time, I promised myself that I would not purchase any more until it (and several other brands) were gone. I remember icing it down pretty good, which tamed it some, and allowed me to work it off.

But then again, my taste are funny (too many years in the chemical industry), you mileage may vary.

Mark A. Mason, El Dorado, Arkansas

Dant is a Heaven Hill product and they have had the brand for many years, so I doubt it is anything but Heaven Hill. I don't think I have ever had it.

But I do need to make a point of visiting Delilah's more often.

--Chuck Cowdery

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Hi all,

Just got my shipment from Randall's and the J.W. Dant BIB is out of stock. Has anyone seen this on the shelves? Of course, now that I can't get it, the memory of its taste seems even more appealing.

Cheers,

Bushido

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Hey Bushido! Since you can't get it, let me describe it for you as the finest, most luxurient bourbon ever made. The flavor is rich and complex, while at the same time uncompromisingly smooth. Wave after wave of wonderful flavors wash across the tongue, each different than the one before. The finish lingers for hours. Of course, if you actually do get hold of a bottle your mileage may vary :-)

Are you going to the Bourbon Festival in September? You can find Dant at Toddy's Liquors in Bardstown.

-John Lipman-

http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

John is being modest, please excuse his tendency toward understatement. You will actually find it much better than his description. It is MY mileage that will vary.

Mark A. Mason, El Dorado, Arkansas

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Hi John,

After getting ahold of most bottles, my mileage is usually limited to the distance from my basement bar to the upstairs bedroom. No, I won't be attending the fest unfortunately, but I do know some folks that regularly venture into God's Country and I'll have them be on the look-see for me.

Thanks,

Bushido

• 1 month later...
Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Hi all,

I was able to find this on the dusty bottom shelf of a ma and pa store in the area. My first taste from the bottle lived up to my memory of it from Delilah's. There is a Vick's Formula 44 taste to it that I find quite appealing. No mustiness noted yet though. Plenty of piney aromatic wood notes and honey with a burnt sugar and slightly licorice aftertaste. Defintely benefits from a cube or two added to the glass. It was cheap, which adds even more to my enjoyment.

Cheers,

Bushido

p.s. It was quite a fruitful scavenger hunt as I secured bottles of Henry McKenna SB 10 and Old Charter 13yr too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.