BBQ at Bob's House

bobbyc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So far Linn is Promising a bottle of the Fox, and some cigars, I have as yet the unopened 1.75 of EC12 and a little of a 1.75 of 86 proof Old Forester, also I think some Blanton's will make it , It is earmarked to further toast Mr & Mrs Murphydawg and their acquisiton of Real Estate! BettyJo has promised something it appears that it will not be 23 YO Evan Williams or 33 YO HH , I'm sure whatever it is it will be appreciated! I get off work tomorrow at 3 and will be spending the weekend ( for Me) in final preparation , This is exciting , My wife is up to speed on it so that will help, maybe she will do all the work, Yeah Right!

Bobby( having more fun by the minute) Cox grin.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

OK Folks! If you're coming to the Bourbon Festival, but are unsure if you'e coming to Bobby's for the cook out let me tell you => once you get here you are going to want to attend. You need only bring your entre be it meat; fish or fowl. Or if you only eat plants then by all means bring the plants you like to eat just so long as they are legal. {Heh Heh} And don't be empty headed and arrive empty handed. Please bring a reasonable bottle for the bar. All for one and one for all. Hey Bobby how about some bourbon baked beans???????????? If you don't want to post publicly please R.S.V.P. via private messaging => thoughtfully provided by Jim Butler at no extra charge! grin.gif

I'll have a few staple items on hand Baked beans , cole slaw some kind of potatoes ,green beans etc Sliced tomatoes. Our garden is doing terribly in the heat and dry conditions. Like Linn said bring your meats or veggies and some Bourbon. We will hash out the last minute details at the tour, If you miss the tour and still want to do this I guess find Betty Jo at the HH tent. I will have the charcoal and condiments so dont worry about that , Party Time! grin.gif

Allrighty we are there and will bring Bratwurst (how much should I get) and you will have to wait till I get to Bardstown to find out what libation, sorry. Cant wait to drink someone elses Blantons for a change!!

TomC

Bobby,

My wife, Peggy, and I are planning to attend this year’s bourbon festival. Your cookout sounds great, however, we have all ready ordered tickets for the Bourbon, Cigars and Jazz event on Friday night. Bourbon, cigars and Jazz are three of my favorite things. We attended it last year and had a good time but we had even better time at the gazebo Saturday night with the straightbourbon.com folks. How late do you think the party will be going? Unfortunately, we cannot make it for the cookout but perhaps if we get out of the event at a decent hour we could come by and say hello. If not, I’m sure we will be running into some of the group on Saturday at the different events.

Todd

I've tried to figure that out and I'm thinking it should be over close to midnite, There will be plenty of activities on Saturday so I don't forsee people trying to make an all nighter out of it . You're welcome to drop by if you'd like. There will be a traditional Gazebo party on Thursday nite at the motel. grin.gif

Bratwurst Yum! I guess bring what you think you'll eat and a few extra's, who knows , you might be able to trade a few off for a hamburger or something. I will have some Green peppers and Onions for The brats . Have you ate brats on rye bread? now that's a flavourful combination! grin.gif 1 week away unbelievable . I spent most of today getting ready. We will burn a lot of citronilla oil that nite. smirk.gif

I just meet BrendaJ tonite and she has gone over the top on helping with the cookout. I now have in my possession 2 half whiskey barrels to ice pops and beer in! Some chopped up barrel tops for the fire, and BBQ sauce. She also has promised to do the Bourbon Baked Beans. The locals will have the staple stuff taken care of , and the out of towners can do their own meats. Also anyone arriving earlier than Thursday can get ahold of some of us , We're there for you fellow Bourbonians. I was up before 6 this morning to pour a couple wheelbarrows of concrete. I went to a sand company on the Ohio river in Louisville to get a load of large Pea Gravel. I spent the rest of the day doing clean up and getting ready. Of course catching up with Brenda to get the char and barrels. I had a special guest in mind and really thought he could make it but he will be tied up in other Bourbon Festival Events on Friday nite. So it didn't work out. I have more rock placements to do in a pond here and it is supposed to rain Sunday so that will be much of tomorrows activities for me. grin.gif

I have another whole empty( Damn) whiskey barrel to further enhance the mood for the cookout. I don't have breads and some of you will bring meats. I do have coleslaw , Potatoes, Baked beans Vegetable tray and dip. Chips some pop and Beer , we may need more of each of those. We also will have green beans, cooked with whole onions and bacon ( It's a Kentucky thing) I also will cook some sausage and poor mans filet mignon, Sirlion steak cubed with bacon strips around it I will also soak these in a concoction with a little Bourbon.BrendaJ furnished us some BBQ sauce and it will need to be thinned a bit with Bourbon and it will be the remnants of a bottle of 107 10YO VW. I have about a drink of it left so I'm going for it. I've invited a few friends and neighbors I'm concerned now that not enoug people will show up, I have about 25 and would like to see 50 so round them up , If you are reading this and attending the Bourbon Festival find the Straightbourbon crowd. We are a pretty jaded bunch but can be persuaded.

The rain that looked ominous all day materialized by 4:30-5 oclock . We were under a Toronado watch. If ever there was a party to get the plug pulled,I was there. Some friends and family were there and Even though no one said anything I know they were questioning my sanity at that point. Hurriedly plan "B" is in place , sweep out the garage and go indoors ! Then , J Butler,Linn, And Vickie show up.........a party right there !!!!!!!!!!!!Chris and Kristin , Mark and Stacey are en route and call to fine tune the directions . As I head back to the garage Tom ( Bourbonic entertainment seeker ) C and Jessica pull in. Chuck Cowdery drops in , then Brenda J shows up a little late but just in time to serve us derby pie she made. Wow, what can I say? I had a great time . Thanks to all who came and made a washed out event work out. The rain did stop at some point and we went to survey where the party would have taken place. Thank you for all the nice compliments on that. I gave everyone the nickel tour and I think Linn may have gotten 11 1/2 cents worth! I told Brenda our son was on hand to be the bouncer , and would Manhandle any women who got out of line...............Never mind! I got autographs from all that attended , Tom finished off the Blantons that I toasted him with a few months back when He and Jessica moved in thier new Home . We all signed the Bottle. Everyone thanked me for having them here , it is I who thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After every one left JD and his girlfriend showed up, he drives over the road and was a little late . My son Anthony said , the best party I've ever been to was put on by my Dad! He knows how to throw one! If the Straight Bourbon People hadn't showed up , I'd still be out there looking at the sky and wondering when it was going to rain. Did I say we had a good time? grin.gif

It was the best damn party I have ever been to in a GEEEE-RAGE, thats for sure. Man that was one helluva time, thanx for having us!!

TomC

Bobby, it was great meeting you on the distillery tours and we're sorry we could not make your party! thanks for hosting the group! -- we wondered about the storms! Sounds like your Plan B was a good one!

We returned to find that a tornado came within about a mile and a half of our place! Glad it missed all of us.

Likewise Greg, It was nice to meet you and Jo. We all had a good time, this StraightBourbon group is a lot of fun. smile.gif

I don't think that anyone doubted that we would have a good time at the barbecue (rain or no rain)... But I think that i speak for most of us when i say that I never imagined that a barbecue in the garage could turn out to be such a GREAT time... Us people from propane-land even had a successfull attempt at grilling on the charcoal grill (with guidance from linn)... It is hard to imagine how it could have turned out better. I know it would have been nice if it did not rain, but it's stuff like this that you will remember always. Besides, i don't think even a tornado could have stopped that crowd...

Thanks again, Bobby!

-Chris

Even with the rain it was still a great damn party and me and Stacy thank you for opening your house up to us Bobby. And everyone else for that matter. We are already waiting for next year and hope to do it again!

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

The Kentucky rain was pouring down. Jim Butler; Vickie, and I all piled into Jim's rental Chrysler Sebring and off to Bobby's we went. We had to drive past Booker Noe's house and as we did a large white limo was parked in the driveway. Booker was making his way to the limo cane in hand and sporting his ancient pork pie hat. He looked like every picture you've ever seen. We arrived at Bobby's to find him hard at work tending the dual kettle grills full of glowing Kingsford charcoal. Bobby's garage is a kind of sterotypical outbuilding in that it is raw cinderblock with all kinds of tools laid about. Rickety-assed shelves held an assortment of lubricants; nuts, bolts, and rusty nails. An enginge hoist was prominently displayed. No garage would be complete with out a 'junk-yard dog' and so a pretty little bitch pup was in attendance. She would eat good tonight as would we all. Chuck; Tom, Jessica, Chris, Kristin, Mark, Stacy, and Brenda J. trickled in. We all cooked our own food marinated in fun and laughter.The rain poured but we didn't care as we simply poured more bourbon. Blee! became a common expression. Vickie's famous 'Atomic Bourbonic Burgoo' was a big hit as was Brenda J's decadent 'Derby Pie'. We all had a great time despite the weather. Nothing is as 'down home' as a southern shed/garage - puppy and all. Thanks Bobby for a great time. Start planning for next year. grin.gif

Maybe we will dodge the rain next year! Thanks to all for coming and for all the kind comments here. It was great fun to have you over. The dog is looking for you Linn she wants another T Bone! wink.gif

I had a really great time too Bobby...more on that later though.

How are Mike and Roy doing? Say howdy to 'em for me grin.gif

smile.gif When the rain never did stop I thought to my self <font color="red"> </font color> this party is going to be a disaster, but as it turned out it was a real nice party. I met alot of people from all states and I liked you all. The food was great, I tasted my first drops (literally drops) of whiskey for the first time. Hard to believe isn't it? We will definately do this again. Hope to meet Betty Jo real soon, Sorry We missed you at the party. Thank you all again for a great evening.

Amelia Cox smile.gif (Cream Puff says she wants another steak Linn) Anthony aka (Roy) Billy aka (Mike) says hi... Jim they said to tell you thanks again for their shirts. laugh.gifwink.gifgrin.gifcool.gifsmile.gif

Honestly folks, when I first saw these two standing all alone over by the fridge, I thought they might be dead and Bobby had simply neglected to dispose of them properly.

Upon further inspection however, it became clear that their alcohol blood levels were dangerously low. We whacked 'em up with about 250 ml each of Wild Turkey Oral Suspension.

Just look at them in this "after" photo. Damn pictures of perfect health with magnetic personalities.

Bourbon, the miracle drug.

Tell them they are most welcome Amelia, those guys were a riot.

post-3-14489811084262_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.