A trip in to the Old Continental Bottle house 1966 State of the Art

dave ziegler

Here are some more of my Warehouse H return trip pictures!

1. A very Old Water Fire extinguer from the Late 1930's 1940's gotten for History from warehouse H

2. I found and brought out a 11 foot long wooden Pole that has a hook and point on its end this was used in the Old warehouses to reach high when in the racks to pull the wooden shock out from the last barrel and to push and pull barrels in hard to reach area's. I took it to my Friends place till I can figure how to get it home.

3. First shot looking up the racks with Fire Sprinkler Line.

4. Where second level door was front of Frieght Elevater

5. Looking up at the racks in Warehouse H there were 5 main levels with each floor having lettered sections divided by numbered sections so you could easily find the Lot of Barrels you wanted.

Dave Z -- Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments

post-1964-14489817422376_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817422537_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817422769_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817422918_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817423066_thumb.jpg

The pole looks like a old pike pole used in the fire service. Of course there are many uses for them.

Today the first thing I want to talk about is people who live in Pa and are the Worst Vandels of all in that They look on here see my Pictures then go steal stuff that is Historic they see in my pictures! I hope they get caught and go to Jail. Example 3 weeks ago when I first went into Warehouse H I found two old Fire Extingusers and brought the best one Home also in my Picture of the Elevator there was an Old No Smoking sign which I left for history on the wall and Now when I look at my picture with me in the Elevator the sign is gone, as well as the extinguser.

My wish for all of them is that if they are stealing after looking at my pictures here is the Police take them in, they are not one bit better then the worse thriefs. No doubt the exstinguser went for scrap and they have no feeling about destroying things.

Even in my pictures these creaps are destroying Kinsey. But enough I had an idea that someone was looking for this reason so I did not talk about the old solid Brass elevator Plate the last neat thing for History left in H, till I got it Last week I was worried when I saw it clearly in my shot but It is safe at Kinsey east marked placed in a safe holder and ready to be given to a Museum when my days end It says "Reading Elevator Company."

Everything I have gotten I give to museums or if I have alot to people I know to keep the memory of Publicker and Kinsey alive. I have a letter witnessed by five co workers dated and signed in my bank box with my will stating none of my Distillery stuff can be sold it all has to go to Museums and Historic societies for this reason. To me to sell any of this historic stuff is to sell out History.

When My Friend who was the top man in Marketing for Publicker told me I was to be the offical Historian for the Company I relised all the things My History Teacher taught me and the 2 years I worked in a Antique Auto Museum led to my great love for the saving of History.

On a day you would work in Warehouse H it would be cool like the newer warehouses but the Lighting was not as good and there were less vapors as the building was not as tight as the newer explosion proof ones. There was one door in and one dock and the only way to get the barrels out was through the front door, not easy as the door was just wide enough for the barrels and not a bit more. This warehouse unlike the older wood and brick ones did not have ladders going up the five levels. The Only way up was the freight elevator. Full The Building held 20,000 48 gal barrels.

Once you were up with a very small explosion proof lift someone would get in the space and start rolling barrels out of the section the papers for that day picked. It was dirty work as the small space and the Dust that was on the wooden racks.

Also that Old Pole I got from H warehouse was used to reach up in the 3rd rack above your head as it was just below the next level unless you were tall but then you spent your time bent over in the racks.

You would use the hook on the pole to pull the chained wood schock that held the barrels in place out and you could use the Hook to pull barrels that you were having a hard time reaching.

The one thing I had never thought about back then and no doubt the reason most of the fire drills were done in this area, was The only way in was the front door and the only way down from the upper levels was the freight elevator. If anything Happen and you were up top you would have been done for. But because we felt very safe working at Kinsey for Publicker it never came to my mind till all these years later.

You had just that one door to get out and on the upper levels their were a couple on windows but you would have had to get through them and jump somehow.

When I think about this I just relise how safe Kinsey was in spite of the presnt dangers of the Explosive stuff there! It makes me proud to have worked there.

Also I am sorry for the negative stuff earlier about the Thiefs going into Kinsey but it breaks my heart when someone destroys or steals for scrap money from History. History is bigger then all of us and it must be kept and passed on. I am one of a few people left that worked there and I feel very serious about telling the History of Publicker Ind./Continental Dist/and Kinsey Dist!

Dave Z

Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments

Today I want to post some more of the actual operating pictures of the 1966 Bottle House & the Old Kinsey Bottle House known as "Happy House or HH" That Sandie Kindly sent me.

Here are a few more blasts from the past something is screwy on the way they Loaded so I have click on another picture to get the one I want so here we go back to those wonderful days and Bourbon and Liquors and much more at Both the 1966 Bottle House and the Old Kinsey Bottle house!

1. Bottles running down one of the middle lines in the Big Continental Bottle house for repairs, the good news if I mess up what is going on Sandie can tell more about it.

2. Inver House Scotch Miniatures running down the line, Sandie says this was one Job they did not like much doing the Miniatures.

3. Cal Roberts The Fire Chief taking a break in the Lunch room in the 1966 Bottling house vending machines in back ground.

4. Back incoming area of The Big Bottle House

5. Nellie stamping the serial number on each case of Skol Vodka before it passes through the last bulhead wall to be put on a pallet. At the end of each line where the box passed through there was a sprinkler just for safety.

6. Bottling Liquors in the Old Kinsey Bottle house the Blonde Lady was Steffie. The Girls called the Old Origianl Kinsey Bottle House "Happy House" because you could get a drink there much easier then in the big bottle house.

This was the glory days for the Old Kinsey bottle house and it looks great.

7. Caff'e Lolita applying neck strippers labels to the bottles The fence tells me they were putting the neck strippers on at the Big Bottle house after they were brought over there by fork lift on Pallets from the Old Bottle house for shipping. That Fence still stands in the big bottle house in the middle lines. Sandie notes that they ran out of something in the labeling and finished them in the big bottle house.

I will try to get some more of these pictures to work and put on here soon, looking at them I almost feel like I am a 19 year old Guy going in the Old Bottle house to clean it for operation, those were the Days!

Enjoy these very Historic pictures and Thanks Sandie for sending me these from your old scrap Book.

Dave Z - It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

post-1964-14489817459378_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817459583_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817459776_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817459974_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817460176_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817460401_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817460621_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Today lets take a walk back to sept 1966 the day I started working at Kinsey. The first thing I had to do was report to the Plant nurse to give her my information, height,weight color of eyes. Then she told me Young man always be careful not to get hurt, and especialy after 2:00 pm as that was when she had her bourbon and coffee for health reasons. By order of her doctor. Being young I believed her and thought the Poor women. Later I found out she enjoyed a big Coffee and bourbon every day and one day I walked in at 2:00 Pm to say hi, to see her with her giant stephosope on a guys chest at his heart saying I can't hear your Hreat he sat here with his eyes rolling back and I hurried out before I brust into Laughter there. She had drank too much Bourbon and coffee.

The next thing the first day was to report to my New Boss John Zuber and very nice man and a great boss to work on the yard gang. I remember that first week we had one of the dirtiest jobs on the gang emptying a couple of rail car loads of Coal.

No mask just my coveralls up in the car standing on the coal pushing it down to the opening below. When the day was done not only was the coal black you were too! Having had asthma as a kid it was hard breathing up there.

Another early job I put in for was sweeping all the old buildings out front the old Dsp-pa-12 still and grain buildings. The first thing I saw sweeping was the really old Honeywell paper disc quality machines, which had fresh new disc's never used in each place from spring 1951 the last time it ever ran!

Then there was the Old cyprus fermenters the one next to where we rang out full of Carp and sucker fish from the river the guys had put in years ago. We fed them every day at quiting time. We were told by the guys only Wonder bread for them for strong bones and bodies like the old ads.

Then there was the week we had to clean sweep the rear fire escapes of each explosion proof warehouse. I never saw so many dead pidgeons and we no masks those days so we were blowing black dirt out of our noses all week.

When winter came there was snow to be shoveled and always stuff to haul down to the dump down on the way to the river.

One fond memory I have there was John Zuber my boss and I had just a tiny amount of trash on the old 1946 Blue ford Pickup we used. John said to me Take the trash down to the dump. It was 35 minutes till quiting time, it is going to take you till 10 minutes before quiting time to unload then come back and pick me up. It took about 2 minutes to unload so I sat and took it easy till time to get the boss.

I will write more about working each day soon. But the one thing I want to say is every single one of the Old Kinsey buildings was well kept and clean and sprinkled and sweept out regularly. Every building including ones not used for anything were kept right up to standards always. Roofs were fixed if they leaked, things were really in good condition. They had full electric power and were sprinkled.

Dave Z

------------------------------------------------------------------------It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

• 3 weeks later...

Have not been to Kinsey for awhile and looks like we are to get a bad strom this weekend. But Every Sunday going by there to Church I am ever amazed at what the vandels and time have done to the place in just the 7 years I have been there walking and looking!

When I look at the bottling house and how it looks I relise how Old I am. When it opened in sept 1966 it was the most modern Bottling house in the world and people from everywhere came to tour it. Now it is nothing more then a ruin that time has passed by. Once the owner closed the gates and turned the power off He doomed it to destruction.

I am just thankful I have been able to preserve some things before the vandels could wreck them.

This time of year in those years we would be running full tilt getting spirits bottled and tax stamped for the coming Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays. The docks would have 3 rail box cars being loaded to be sent all over the country and the world.

There would be lines of Trucks waiting their turns to get loaded and everyone would be busy at their job.

Walking through now just the pidgeons are busy there and everything is either falling down or getting ready to.

Fall is coming and I hope to take some more people for a trip through there soon while it is still there to tell the story of.

I wish you all could have seen the glory of those 11 bottling lines all running during the day and afternoon. Running like a fine oiled Clock. People everywhere. And as always the place being spotless.

Sometimes around this time of afternoon Mr Neuman would come driving through in his brown Bentley. He always made me feel my job was safe as long as he was there.

Dave Z

------------------------------------------------------------------

It Seems All The Nicest people Drink Old Hickory

• 3 weeks later...

Last Night right after work I took my young Friend Mike for a tour through the Plant again.

I took him into the 1966 Bottling house with permission and we took many pictures, He will be Posting here soon and so will I.

The building is leaking water worse then ever, and the Vandels have really destroyed the place.

We looked with sadness at all the broken stuff and all the Old bottle line machines sitting to never run again. Also all the stainless Pump heads stolen by the creep who told everyone in Linfielld at Christmas that he was buying the place so He could go in there any time of day or night to steal stuff! I don't most times say anything but Anyone who was such a creep to tell people he was buying the Place so he could steal all the metal he could get and destrroy Kinsey I hope his luck is down for the rest of his Life!

We went into C building and looked at what is left of the Whiskey Barrels and the roof is leaking bad and they are sitting in water such a shame.

Dave Z

It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

I'm sorry to hear that, Dave. It is always tough to see something you loved gone to a shambles. You want to go back to see it, but afterwards you wish you hadn't.

Tim

• 4 weeks later...

Tim and everyone, it is so hard when I walk through and see what has happened to The 1966 Bottling house. Once about 500 people made their living working there. It was a well paying company and for the most part people were very happy working there. Twenty Five years have past since it closed and not one time did the man who owns the place do anything to save it and now with no way to power any of the buildings and all the roofs leaking it is forever doomed. What an ending for such a great company and place.

When Publicker went under in 1986 the man who then owned Kinsey, just turned the power off and walked away. It is my hope he will never get a cent for it, just like he has done to it.

I offten find myself telling people I see stealing get out or I will call the police. But they go in there at all hours late at night.

Every time I go the vandels are up to something in destroying Kinsey. But for those who worked there it will forever live in our Hearts and minds.

I am thankful to be able to write here and talk about Kinsey and Publicker and will continue taking and getting pictures of Publicker and Kinsey.

I have been sick for a couple of weeks had Shingles last week and a bad head cold but feeling better and will be writting on all my threads and posting some more pictures soon.

Dave Z

====================================================

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a four new Old Kinsey Bottling House pictures after all the vandels have been working.

1. Looking from the back of the Old Jacob G Kinsey Bottle House to the front road side.

2. Standing at the front where the part of the second floor had not fallen till vandels stole sewer pipes and the floor came down.

3. This is the D warehouse side of the Old Kinsey bottle house or as the Girls called it when they made Liquors there the Happy House! At One time I could not go here for fear it would fall down but the vandels dug out the Old # 1 dump trouth and the rest of the floor back here came down. I am glad I got pictures of the old trougth before that happen..

4. & 5. More Pictures of the back lower and upper dumping room of the old bottle house.

This kills me as I to loved the Old Kinsey Bottle House One of the Most Historic Buildings on the Place it was built at the end of Prohibition by Jake Kinsey and Ran right through till fall 1979. Note Vandels have stolen all the Green shaded Explosion proof Lights from the first floor sealing, glad I saved those old Historic Edison type blubs from most of them. I also got one light fixture they had laying to steal.

Dave Z

--------------------------------------------------------------------

post-1964-1448981758322_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981758343_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817583632_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817583838_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817584067_thumb.jpg

Lets talk about the State Of Art worlds Largest Bottling House in 1966! When all Purpose explosion Proof warehouse U started being made into the amazing Place it became it took around 3 yrs to complete, starting around 1963.

It had 11 Lines and one of them was A-F1 that was actualy computerized and could do 40,000 bottles a day, blowing them out, labeling,filling caping and boxing all the cases ran on it. End of line at warehousing and shipping.

Quite a feat those days, opening day mid Sept 1966. Warehouse U was 2 Football fields Long and 3/4 Football field wide, and a real Powerhouse of a bottling Plant!

It prepared the spirits bottled them, warehoused them and shipped them all from one building. People from other companies came for tours of the place and many including Seagrams had us bottle for them.

I only got in there in a rare time or two but it was like walking into a city 250 people a shift all 11 lines running at once for a 19 year old it was Highly amazing to watch. It had its own Lab, nurse, lunch room warehousing, shipping and whiskey receiving, and its own maintaince section where Ludy worked out of.

There was nothing in Spirits it could not do. At this time of year in 1969 the place was rocking everything was running maxed out! 3 Rail cars at a time being loaded at its giant docks and sometimes 8 or more semi trucks too. The Holidays were a exciting time at Kinsey and our spirits went all over the world.

The bottling only ever had two shifts day and second and the people working in there were a team. Everyone worked a different Line each day to keep from monnotany. And that way everyone knew each line in case someone was out.

I wish that everyone on this sight could have seen it in the glory days.

I was and always will be proud to have worked for Kinsey Distillery a subsidiary of Continental Distilling corp which was a wholy owned part of Publicker Industries as our old Plant paper work stated.

The two old Water towers used to Say Continental Distilling Corp a Subsidiary of Publicker Industries.

Those Were The Days My Friends

Dave Z

======================================================

The months of Nov & Dec were very Busy times in the Big 1966 Bottle House and the Old Kinsey Bottle house doing Liquor's. If you walked into the Big bottle House at 8:00- Am you would see a city of People all 11 Bottle Lines running wide open. We would be bottling 1/2 pints,pints.4/5's and Quarts also 1/10 Airline mini's. Lots of Old Hickory,Hallers County Fair BIB and Governors club and Philadelphia Blended Whiskey. Also tons of bottles of Inver House Scotch would be being bottled. Every Product we made would be sheduled for bottling for Thanksgiving and Christmes.

The Docks out front on any given day would have 3 Rail Box cars and 8 to 10 semi trucks being Loaded, and while that was going on cases off the 11 lines would be moved into warehouse area of the building.

Those months it was really a sight to see. The bottling machines would be thundering away rapping out their steady sounds as bottles were blown out filled, and capped and seals put on. There was also a quality area were bottles that needed labels fixed or other stuff would be tended to by Ladies at Tables in the area and then put back into the outgoing flow.

The whole time whiskey would be flowing in from the High black incoming tanks. Whiskey and Distilled water would be flowing down from The Government Building warehouse O and the place was a very exciting Place to be. The air would be filled with the smells of great Whiskey.

I myself and everyone had a great feeling of pride working there then and seeing the great products we made. Those Were The Days!!

Dave Z

=================================================

Well Sunday Nov 13 I took a walk in the 1966 Bottling house, with Rod and had a good but sorrowing time. It was sorrowing in the destruction done by People who do nothing with theirs lives except steal and break things for no reason.

I sadly saw where some rotten person went up in the upstairs office to bring the old coffee pot down so they could smash the caraf and throw the coffee maker what sick joy they get from that I haven't a clue.

Anyway I got some cool shots and here are some of them. Also the dial of the phone works smooth and all the buttons work smooth,I am going to get my friend who worked for AT&T for forty yrs to rewire it to work!

1. Here I am at the snack Machine in the 1966 Bottle House Lunch room.

2. My latest thing saved and restored for History is the old Multi Line rotory Phone from the General Office in the bottling house. I also saved the sign from the office.

3.Me with the Phone

4. The Old Drink machine in the bottling house lunch room.

5. Calender for 1986 the last year the Plant operated closing in sept 1986.

6.An Old Cart from the Old blending Line area

7. End of the middle Bottle repairing Line

8. Looking down the line

9.The Place I am going to keep my Phone. I took it apart cleaned it and I am now going to see if my Old friend who worked for ATT&T will rewire it so it can work.

I go there to save things like this before the trash People destroy them. I can not understand what someone gets out of standing in an abandon historic building in the dark smashing things. I am glad I was taught the right way to be as a Kid! I had a Mother & Father who taught me right from wrong!

Dave Z

=====================================================

post-1964-14489817595666_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817595841_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817596048_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817596269_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817596423_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817596617_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817596816_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981762773_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817627961_thumb.jpg

Pictures 6 and 8.....dust orbs floating all over...don't tell the local ghost hunters as some will say the place is haunted! ;)

Wow, your desk is really decorated now with lighting...just in time for Christmas.

I not long ago was speaking to a couple of people who worked in the 1966 Bottling house and they both told me the following story. Many People that worked there always carried a collaspible metal drinking cup and or a bending reuseable Straw. The Reason was well known if whiskey was spilled they could slurp it up with the straw and if the chance came to pour a quick drink, you had your metal folding cup in your pocket ready for the chance to try something special like the 20 year old, Old Hickory bourbon!

Sandy told me this and someone else not sure who it was but they told me the same story!

Working it that Bottling house was like being in a city people everywhere, everyone working in sink to make the great Spirits we made.

Dave Z

=====================================================

Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments

• 4 weeks later...

This weekend I am hoping to get back to Kinsey and I want to take a walk in the 1966 Bottle House again to get a few more shots of the One thing that really brought Life to Kinsey back in 1966.

Before the Bottling house maybe 75 to 80 people worked there, but when the Bottling house opened there were around 600 people in its hayday! This week would be when the last local shipments of Spirits would be going out by Truck.

In the month of Nov there would have been 3 rail box cars at the dock all day every day two shifts 5 days a week.

People would be working very hard to get the last products out and Old Hickory would be flying off the shelf, and Inver House Scotch also. The biggest sellers were Old Hickory, 80 proof and and 86 Proof 10 yr, Inver House Scotch and Hallers County Fair 100 proof BIB. Inver House Scotch Opend the door for a working man to enjoy a good Scotch. Before Mr. Neuman started our Distillery in Scotland Scotch was very expensive do to the Special tax on it. When we shipped it here and bottled it here, and the fact it was owned by a USA company made the price go way down by not having to pay that special Exsise tax started by Joe Kennedy back in the 1930's.

Mr Neuman was an amazing Man and it was his inovation that started the using of used Bourbon barrels for Scotch on a big scale.

Dave Z

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hey Dave,

I can head in with you on Sunday if you want to meet up.

Just shoot me a PM.

Rod

This weekend I am hoping to get back to Kinsey and I want to take a walk in the 1966 Bottle House again to get a few more shots of the One thing that really brought Life to Kinsey back in 1966.

Before the Bottling house maybe 75 to 80 people worked there, but when the Bottling house opened there were around 600 people in its hayday! This week would be when the last local shipments of Spirits would be going out by Truck.

In the month of Nov there would have been 3 rail box cars at the dock all day every day two shifts 5 days a week.

People would be working very hard to get the last products out and Old Hickory would be flying off the shelf, and Inver House Scotch also. The biggest sellers were Old Hickory, 80 proof and and 86 Proof 10 yr, Inver House Scotch and Hallers County Fair 100 proof BIB. Inver House Scotch Opend the door for a working man to enjoy a good Scotch. Before Mr. Neuman started our Distillery in Scotland Scotch was very expensive do to the Special tax on it. When we shipped it here and bottled it here, and the fact it was owned by a USA company made the price go way down by not having to pay that special Exsise tax started by Joe Kennedy back in the 1930's.

Mr Neuman was an amazing Man and it was his inovation that started the using of used Bourbon barrels for Scotch on a big scale.

Dave Z

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

• 3 weeks later...

Dave, do you recall the connection or sale of the Inver House brand back to the current Inver House Distillers on Scotland?

http://www.inverhouse.com/portfolio-whisky.php

I assume they are one and the same.

Ralfy mentions Inver House Distillers in this review of Ancnoc 12 y.o.

http://whiskyreviews.blogspot.com/search?q=anCnoc

http://whiskyreviews.blogspot.com/2010_04_01_archive.html

Inver House is currently owned by a Thai businessman.

• 2 weeks later...

Jono it was sold in around spring 1980 I think. At the time of sale the employees there bought it but then later sold to the curent owners! When we opened it in 1964 it was the finish of Mr Neumens dream of making Scotch afordable to the common man.

Before Inver House Distillery Scotch was way to expensive for the working man!

Dave Z

----------------------------------------------------------------

• 3 weeks later...

I plan on walking inside the Old 1966 Bottling House very soon this winter, I have been told it is getting so bad rain and snow come through the sections where they meet in the building. And this fall you could see Sunlight coming through the ceiling. It is so sad as The Bottle house was the newest Building in the Plant having been built as general Explosion proof Warehouse U in 1951. And starting around 1964 being made into the worlds largest bottling House when completed in Sept 1966. It is a very big building as I have said before being 2 football fields long and 3/4 of a football field wide.

The few times I got in there working in the yard gang hauling broken glass I was in awe of it. Remembering going in there was like walking into a large city People everywhere. 250 or more a shift. 11 Lines roaring and fork lifts trying to keep up with the cases of Whiskey flying off the Lines.

Line A1-F could do 40,000 bottles a day, and was driven by a early Computer that used Vacum tubes in it because of the heat in the power generation. I actualy found a few brand new tubes in the bottle house, and will be using them in my Tube stereo pre amp in the near future.

The Bottle house was self suficent having its own Maintaince men, Laboratory, and Goverment men, also its own Nurse and dispensary.

It ran 2 shifts 5 days a week and the docks could handle 3 train box cars and 10 trucks. It also had enough room to hold all the finished Products till shipping.

Dave Z

-------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1 month later...

Walking around outside the old 1966 State of art Continental Distilling Bottle House it is unbelieveable How bad the Newest of the Explosion proof Buildings has gotten.

Having been built in 1951 four years after the completing of the 14 other Explosion proof Warehouses it is leaking lots of water, pieces of the sealing cement falling down and the never ending Vandals stealing anything they can. For those that steal I hope some day they pay dearly. I don't want excuses that times are hard. Those type of people would rather steal then work even in the best of times!

Pipes Stainless Pump heads all gone and every kind of rotten thing possiblee done. People being Jerks and writing Rotten things on the walls I hope they get caught.

I loved the place the first day I went to work and can not understand people who will not work as they are missing the feeling of selfworth you get in making a living. I would go in early just to see Charlie Seipler roar out of the old grain drying building in his Model A Ford frame with a home made by him wooden flat bed. Powered by a 100 hp Ford V8 flat head engine.

It had no fenders, or windshield and the seat for Charlie was an old easy chair bolted on the frame and a metal chair for a passenger. Dicky Pfiefer put the big flat head in it and Charlie would come roaring out of the Building Hit second and slide around the big silo hit the main road and hit third gear!

As he drove into the distance you would see Smoke pouring out of His Corn Cob Pipe. Charlie took care of all painting upkeep and carpener and sign work. Charlie made all the signs on the warehouses now missing and stenciled all the writing.

Back In the day very few Whiskys ever made the ball drop Building in Times Square, but Kinsey Silver was one of the few that enjoyed much time in signage there. Also Kinsey Silver Blended was very loved in Ny City.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The Best Old Fashions Are, you'll Find

The Mellow Made With Kinsey Kind

Dave Z

Just think what current regulators would say! That vehicle violated so many standards there would have been fines etc.

I'll tell you one thing Jono that old buggy was fast and Charlie cranked it up! Here are some more plant shots from yesterday with Rod and Ethan and Gretchen. We had a great time looking aand taking pictures an finding stuff!

Here are six Pictures taken in theld Kinsey Grain Process building which was the lst stop for the grain before the DSP-Pa-12 still building. Tis old building was built at the turn of the century.

1.,2. Old grain Machine

3. Old Switch Box in Graain building.

4. Old Wooden Grain chutes number #3 there were many stes each having different number groups.

5. Looking from where the entrance from the Old Tunnel would be toward the Bathroom in the Grain perocess building

6. The Old Grain Collector

I will be posting Alot more pictures and a couple of special fun ones on theMemoris thread today.

Dave Z

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

post-1964-14489817797613_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817797777_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817797996_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817798162_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981779837_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817798578_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817797613_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817797777_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817797996_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817798162_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981779837_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489817798578_thumb.jpg

Here I am loading a barrel into the barrel elevator! Dave has another picture of both of us hard at work rolling some barrels.

post-5181-14489817798782_thumb.jpg

post-5181-14489817798782_thumb.jpg