So what is everyone smoking?

cigarnv
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I tired something new recently. Illusione. Have tried the MK, the F9 and the 888. I'm not one to try new cigars as I like my "go to" cigars and I stick with them. Well this line will go into the weekly rotation.

Nice burn, good smoke.

In truth I meant I was kidding in the sense that I gave up the tobacco habit long ago. Actually I liked Export, it was a full-flavoured brand of the old style. Just being nostalgic in other words!

Gary

I myself smoked the Export blue on occasion but preferred DuMaurier for my regular pack. Players was also a stand-in at times. I also rolled Drum on occassion icon11.gif

Ah, that's too bad. Export is still a good beer. It was devised in 1903 and is an example of "Canadian sparkling ale", which is a top-fermented beer as for all ales but with cold aging in the Germanic lager style to round it out. This gives it characteristics of both an ale and a lager. It probably (before 1950 or so) was more malt-oriented and hoppier, but it is still a good product especially on draft. It has a characteristically earthy taste I find.

Gary

I drank Molson Ex a lot growing up and also Labatt blue made regular appearances. Haven't had them in a long while....

I'm still new to cigars but one of the best smokes I've had was the Oliva Serie V. It was also one of the strongest cigars I've had. My favorite as of late is the Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Chruchill. Works great on the back porch during afternoon thunderstorms.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not big on cigars, I know very little about them and usually don't find them to be all that good, but for some reason I do occasionally buy them and smoke them. Usually if I want a cigar it's because I smelled someone smoking one and it smelled great but when I get one, the same kind even, it doesn't smell as good. Anyway, I was at a beer convention yesterday and I picked up a Rocky Patel Robusto sampler pack for $20 and tried the Sun Grown later in the evening. When I went out to smoke I figured I'd smoke like a quarter of it, get bored, and put it out but I really couldn't put this one down once I started smoking it. It tasted excellent and smelled just like cigars smell to me when other people are smoking them. That was definitely a good hour! The only thing I didn't like about it was that I didn't think the bourbon tasted as good paired with a cigar.

As I said before I know very little about these so I'm curious, is Rocky Patel a good brand of cigar?

As I said before I know very little about these so I'm curious, is Rocky Patel a good brand of cigar?

Yes. Very good.

Joe :usflag:

Toasted a Montecristo Petit Edmundo last night. Wow those are good. Unfortunately, no bourbon to go with it last night. :(

I just smoked one of my favorite quick smokes. Tatuaje's Angele. The burn is quite nice... a little hot towards the last 1/4 of the smoke, but it's a little guy. I believe mine is the east coast blend, as I'm in chicago. All and all, I fantastic cigar.

I usually enjoy a Don Tomas Cameroon Perfecto #1 (if around people, it's a shortie) or a #3 if by myself. Also have had good experiences with La Gloria Cubana Wavell Natural.

I've tried various cigars to pair with my bourbon and some wines, but these are the ones I have sitting around the house for routine puffing. Also I am somewhat limited because I buy most of my cigars at bevmo, I should go about finding a decent cigar shop around town.

I Love shorty's on my lunch break. Really breaks up the day nicely. Today... La Riqueza. Smooth and creamy... a new blend from Tatuaje I think.

I'm about to wander outside and have a Opus X Robusto. It has been aging for about a year in my humi so hopefully it will be good!

I have some maduro Padrons and La Gloria Cubana Serie R's in my humidors that have been aging since the late 90s. Certain cigars just age into something awful special.

CAO Brazilia and Ashton Virgin Sun Grown- Sorcerer (7x49).

I like to pair the former with a dark rum, like Pyrat XO. The latter I like to pair with a quality wheat-recipe bourbon, currently W. L. Weller 107.

Sancho Panza (piramid shape). Not bad, but won't repeat the purchase. Am now eyeing Rocky Patel 12yr...

Sancho Panza (piramid shape). Not bad, but won't repeat the purchase. Am now eyeing Rocky Patel 12yr...

Was that a Cuban Sancho Panza or a Honduran? My experiences with the Honduran Panzas are that they are one of the best low to moderate cost cigars on the market. Their maduros age very well, in my experience, and I have a box going at it in my humidor right now.

Was that a Cuban Sancho Panza or a Honduran? My experiences with the Honduran Panzas are that they are one of the best low to moderate cost cigars on the market. Their maduros age very well, in my experience, and I have a box going at it in my humidor right now.

The Cuban ones as I live in Toronto and they're legal up here...

Tonight a Rocky Patel 1990 LE with some Flor de Cana 18yr rum. Liked the combo better with coffee instead of the rum. Lots of flavour without it being too much (like as in "full-bodied"). I think the Oscuro wrapper contributed something sweet to the taste. I liked it, but it was something different to the cubans I'm used to. Not better or worse - simply different.

I had to spend the day outside with the wife at a crafts show where she had a booth. I started with a CAO Black Frontier went to a Angel 100 La Meca then a SLR Maduro Rothchilde and finished with a Don Carlos Presidente. Not a bad smoking day plus the wife made a few hundred at the show and bought dinner :)

• 2 weeks later...

Montecristo Petit Edmundo. Not bad, but I had trouble with the ring gauge. Will stick with the No. 4 I think for now...

• 3 weeks later...

Was out organizing (making piles really) in the garage and grabbed a Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Maduro for the task. Let me just say it held up to the task.

Just started a humidor and it was seasoned as of yesterday so I pulled everything out of the tupper ware with the pillow and loaded her up. The Chateau Maduro was part of a fiver I ordered last week after I bought the humidor!

Will this stick get better after it rests? I really can't imagine them getting much better!

Tony

Don't you think this is better asked at CP though? Anyway, it will get better with a few years under it just like the Padron XXXX series do to.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!