So what is everyone smoking?

cigarnv
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Alright, you guys convinced me... I am not one to buy singles (usually), but fortunately I have a business trip to Baltimore which affords me more time than usual to smoke, so I am going to give Rocky another chance (assuming the shop has one).

Bought a La Gloria Cubana Wavell today along with a Partagas Naturales. Didn't want to buy anything pricey. My humidor will be delivered today and it will take a few days to season before I can use it.

Still, I can't decide which one of these el cheapos I want to smoke tonight...

I think I just found the perfect cigar for me, the Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story. Tempted to order a box of 'em.

I've enjoyed every Rocky Patel brand that I have ever tried. Have never had one that didn't draw flawlessly, burn evenly, and taste wonderfully. Not expensive, and readily available. Plus, he's a very gracious and approachable guy. I've been at cigar events where it's packed, and he has always taken time to chat, sign boxes, and genuinely seem interested in my opinions. I like the man, and I like his cigars. Listen, if you're the kind of person who stops in the cigar shop now and again to pick up a few smokes (that's me), it's hard to go wrong with RP's.

Smoked the Partagas... and it was booooooring!

The only Partagas I typically will smoke is Partagas Black. It is a more full bodied flavored than the regular Partagas line.

I think I just found the perfect cigar for me, the Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story. Tempted to order a box of 'em.

The Short Story is one of my favorite small cigars. But like anything else, if you smoke it too often it is no longer special. Unless you are finding some really great price on it, I wouldn't bother on a box just yet. Pehaps shop online a grab a 5 pack (or two) so you have some, and at a lower price per stick, but without the commitment (and storage requirements) of a full box.

Here is what I packed in the Traveldor for my trip and plan to smoke over the next couple of days (unless the smoke shop has something outstanding).

Genuine Counterfeit Cuban (box pressed, smooth, just to the bolder side of medium, fantastic value)

Montecruz Negra Cubana (a fantastic and low priced cigar that has unfortunately been discontinued as far as I can tell)

Genuine 1958 Counterfeit Cuban (initial release, before the finalized bands were done - about 10 years in my humidor)

Mayorga Maduro Torp (inexpensive, medium-Full, plenty of spice and cocoa)

Montecristo Peruvian (Stronger and more flavorful than typical Montecristo)

Arturo Fuente Short Story (Best made cigar on the planet)

Bolivar Cofradia (Two Hours of robust smoking bliss - not for the meek, milder smoker)

post-8100-14489818105966_thumb.jpg

The Short Story is one of my favorite small cigars. But like anything else, if you smoke it too often it is no longer special. Unless you are finding some really great price on it, I wouldn't bother on a box just yet. Pehaps shop online a grab a 5 pack (or two) so you have some, and at a lower price per stick, but without the commitment (and storage requirements) of a full box.

I both agree and disagree, Jay. While most people, including myself, like trying various smokes and mixing it up; there is also validity in finding your perfect stick and making it your regular. Familiarity doesn't necessarily breed a diminution of the pleasure of enjoying the smoke. The short story is particularly suited for that; it is a fantastic smoke, readily available, and reasonably priced. The storage point is valid, depending on your humidor size; but I certainly always keep a box on hand.

I both agree and disagree, Jay. While most people, including myself, like trying various smokes and mixing it up; there is also validity in finding your perfect stick and making it your regular. Familiarity doesn't necessarily breed a diminution of the pleasure of enjoying the smoke. The short story is particularly suited for that; it is a fantastic smoke, readily available, and reasonably priced. The storage point is valid, depending on your humidor size; but I certainly always keep a box on hand.

Darn weather in Baltimore this weekend kept me from smoking anywhere near as much as I intended.

Only got through the Consuerga (my favorite Cheapie), and the Mayorga Maduro. Going to have to spend some time catching up this week.

don't disagree with that either, just two different approaches. now, before we get nailed for thread jacking, what did you smoke this weekend? since it was kind of rainy, I was only able to squeeze in a...wait for it.... Short Story!

don't disagree with that either, just two different approaches. now, before we get nailed for thread jacking, what did you smoke this weekend? since it was kind of rainy, I was only able to squeeze in a...wait for it.... Short Story!

I smoked a Short Story, one of the two I bought the other day. Just didn't feel like smoking anything that took longer. Looking forward to picking up some different sticks here soon. The humidor is up and running and seems to be holding steady. So far I'm pretty happy with it.

Had an Alec Bradley American Classic Blend Sunday afternoon. This was the fourth out of a 5-pack from CI. Wasn't impressed with the first two but the last two were quite good. Beginning to see a trend - CI smokes may require more time in the humi.

Had a Gurkha Spec Ops SRS Limited Edition tonight. Not a bad cigar.

Joe :usflag:

Partagas 1845 Gigante...... nice cigar

Gary

Art Deco from Miami Cigar tonight. Good, but I think it needed a little more time in the humidor.

Nestor Miranda is going to be at a local cigar shop tomorrow night, any recommendations on his other products?

Gary

Just smoked a Padron 6000. Pretty decent smoke, imho. I think I like these torpedo/belicoso type cigars. They sure are easier to cut!

Smoked a Partagas Black Label Clasico last night. A little more full-bodied smoke than I'm used to but I still enjoyed it. I had some issues with the burn but I think that was attributable to the fact that I'm using a regular lighter and/or matches to toast/light my cigars right now. I'll have a torch lighter soon.

Padron 3000 hit the spot today! Ranks very high with anything I have smoked so far, and I def. know that I have an affinity for Nica sticks.

Padron 3000 hit the spot today! Ranks very high with anything I have smoked so far, and I def. know that I have an affinity for Nica sticks.

Personally, once I got started with Nicaraguan cigars, my penchant for Cuban tobacco waned quite a bit. As far as I am concerned it is as good if not better than anything else out there.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!