Shotglasses => Are they usefull?

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Do you have a collection of shotglasses? If you do what do you use them for? I like to pick up a shotglass whereever I am at. It's a clear remberance of where I've been and perhaps of what I've done, but shotglasess have a higher useage as ordained by GOD. = = = > Listen up peoples = = = > Hear what I'm puttin' down = = = > Whenever you have a question as to what bourbon tastes better than another ==> Well then you need a shotglass! Yes it's true! You can spend many monyies on other glasses, but when it comes right down to it = = = > The fact is you need a shotglass! Always, but always do the shotglass test. You can thank me later,

In addition, a shotglass is a whole lot easier to use than a malt blender's glass when making a depth charge. grin.gif

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Thanks, Tom! I surely wasn't going to be the one to ask. wink.gif

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Well I may be clueless too. I think the shotglass would be most usefull to someone metering out the bourbon at 5 dollars a shot. It also comes in handy for throwing back the bourbon fast and hard as in s....faced quickly.

uhm, yeah, by the shotglass test I am thinking of Booker's wins by a mile. . . . . .Zero to Shitfaced at 126 proof per shot!!

Tom (who REALLY doesn't know what you mean, I guess) C

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

It's soooooooooo simple really now. Different shotglasses from different places make it very easy to do blind taste comparisons. Whomever pours the bourbons to be compared can easily keep track of them if he or she can remember that the Woodford Reserve is in the Ft. Knox shotglass, the Old Forester 100 proof is in the Old Talbott Tavern shotglass and the regular 86 proof Old Forester is in the Oscar Getz shotglass. See? Easy! While fancy glasses may make for a better tasting experiance, but for direct comparisons you need shotglasses!! Don't compare bourbons without them. laugh.gif

Yeah, but lacking cooperation on my wife's part, it's easier for me to use proper drinking glasses and put a tiny Post-It note on the bottom of each one. That way I still don't have a clue, as it were, which bourbon is in which glass, and I can compare noses better than shotglasses would allow.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Chuck everyman needs a cooperative wife. Every wife needs a cooperative husband. It's the good life. You don't even have to be rich. A good man and a good woman are rich in heart and spirit. They can battle through the rest, and win!I've had many wives. None of them cooked Burgoo! This one do! I'm a-keepin' her!

Linn Said:

"Chuck everyman needs a cooperative wife. Every wife needs a cooperative husband. It's the good life. You don't even have to be rich. A good man and a good woman are rich in heart and spirit. They can battle through the rest, and win!"

Amen to that Brotha, I haven't heard a truer sentiment in a LOOOOONG-ASS time!!!

Tom (Happily Married & Co-Operative!) C

I occasionally pick up a shot glass, but only if unique. So, my collection is quite small.

* standard metal double sided shot "glass" for real use

* Jack Daniel's shot glass owned by my deceased grandfather

* Virginia Tech shot glass

* Woodford Reserve copper shot "glass" (bought last week at distillery)

* Jim Beam glass snifter (bought last week at distillery)

I am more apt to pick up a T-shirt wherever I go. Without my summer vacations, I'd never would buy a T-shirt! Last week, I picked up

* Louisville Slugger T-shirt at the factory

* Buffalo Trace T-shirt at the distillery

* Woodford Reserve T-shirt at the distillery

* Maker's Mark T-shirt at the mall (I know, that's cheating)

I also pick up a baseball at whatever out-of-town stadium I see a game at when I am out on a business trip. Likewise for pucks and hockey games.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.