Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

JamesW
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Trying to finish out my basic Islay collection. Added The Laddie Ten, Lagavulin 16yo and Caol Ila 12yo yesterday. Still trying to decide between (and find) Ardbeg Uigeadail and Corryvreckan to finish it out. Uigeadail is around but costs $100+ which seems high and I haven't seen the Corry on the shelves lately. Seems a bit much when TPS has both at around $90.

I've been through a few bottles of both and I definitely prefer the Corry. They're both excellent. Many people feel the Oogie has more batch variation.

I've been through a few bottles of both and I definitely prefer the Corry. They're both excellent. Many people feel the Oogie has more batch variation.

Given I tend to like a slightly sweeter sherry finished style would I be better served with the Oogie and risk the batch variation? At least it appears the Oogie tends to have more sherry finish to it from what I read. Haven't personally tried either.

Given I tend to like a slightly sweeter sherry finished style would I be better served with the Oogie and risk the batch variation? At least it appears the Oogie tends to have more sherry finish to it from what I read. Haven't personally tried either.

Given your preference, go for the Uigeadail. If you can find last year's Ardbeg Day, that'd be close to splitting the difference between the Oogie & the Corry IMO.

Trying to finish out my basic Islay collection. Added The Laddie Ten, Lagavulin 16yo and Caol Ila 12yo yesterday. Still trying to decide between (and find) Ardbeg Uigeadail and Corryvreckan to finish it out. Uigeadail is around but costs $100+ which seems high and I haven't seen the Corry on the shelves lately. Seems a bit much when TPS has both at around $90.

$100+ for oogie is expensive for sure. locally (chicago) it's in the $70+ tax range.

Yeah, Uigeadail is $59 out here. Most places aren't that cheap, but it's nowhere close to $100 anywhere.

I finally got tired of waiting for it to be available here in MO, so ordered a couple fifths of Powers John's Lane off the net.

Should be here by next weekend.

Yeah, Uigeadail is $59 out here. Most places aren't that cheap, but it's nowhere close to $100 anywhere.

"anywhere" doesn't include Canada - especially Ontario where it regularly sells out at $167 :bigeyes:

Found a bunch of Balvenie 10 Founder's Reserve over the weekend. Bright neon tag sitting under at least half a dozen bottles. They've probably been sitting there for years. Grabbed one for $30 to test it out. Cork was a little iffy, but came out relatively clean. I've only had the 12 yr doublewood, which I enjoyed, but this one is nice. Might have to go back and make him an offer on the rest of them.

That's a real find especially for $30.00. The 10 year Founder's Reserve had finesse that has now been covered up in wood in the older expressions.

Purchased a nice gift box of four 50ml Middleton pot still whiskeys...Green Spot, Redbreast 12, Powers John's Lane, and Middleton Barry Crockett Legacy.

Edited by Tucker

Purchased a nice gift box of four 50ml Middleton pot still whiskeys...Green Spot, Redbreast 12, Powers John's Lane, and Middleton Barry Crockett Legacy.

i bought that one myself when i was in Ireland last May.

Took possession of a bottle of Bruichladdich Octomore 10 from Brown Santa today... Brown chicken brown cow!!!

:-)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!