Any special 4th of July bourbon /rye & food plans?

Jono
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

We live in an area where we can view the fireworks from our backyard..or as in the U.K. "garden"....long story....anyway...a neighbor always has a large party....I don't recall much in the way of bourbon / rye...will have to bring some over.

Usually, there is a range of grilled food and various side dishes....

I think something "snappy" to sip during the evening is called for....hopefully it will keep the mosquitos away....guaranteed to be a swarm this year with the plentiful rain and floodwaters....will probably bring a Rittenhouse BIB 100 for any prospective whiskey drinker.....I have not found many..too many light beer swiggers.

....will probably bring a Rittenhouse BIB 100 for any prospective whiskey drinker.....

I'd suggest BT instead.

I took an almost-empty bottle to a party a few months ago, mostly so I'd have something to drink (the hosts were notorious for making overly-sweet mixed drinks). Several other guests tried it and liked it, and I got only one helping myself.

BT would be excellent too....the bottle does need finishing off...reason to buy more. :)

I was thinking Turkey rye while I was reading your post. The RH is a great rye as well.....they seem to go with just about anything. Great for a party!

I am out of WT rye....so, I might join you in your RH Bib for the Holiday. We are going to grill up some bacon wrapped tenderloins and home grown onions for the afternoon meal.

Hope everyone parties safely...

My wife has invited some neighbors to eat with us in the afternoon. None are bourbon drinkers.

In the evening we will join one of the couples in their back yard and watch fireworks four miles away. I haven't decided whether to fill a pocket flask with something cheap but stout or to have a drink from the top shelf after we return home. I just wish I had a bottling with a patriotic name.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Time to buy some WT American Spirit or Eagle Rare bourbon!

I forgot about Eagle Rare! I have three bottlings open. Thanks for the reminder.

I'd love to get my hands on WT AS, but I don't expect to -- unless someone wants to swap for Hirsch 16 y/o gold foil.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.