A Publicker / Continental / Kinsey site

Jono
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

John Lipman is a great source of bourbon and distilling knowledge and an all around great guy. His site has many distilleries and historic bourbon sights to check out.

John was one of the original members of the board here and on BE. He doesn't make around much anymore but can still be seen waving his bourbon flag in Cincinati, if you make it up that way.

Thanks to him and his wife Linda for all the great info on their site.

I love his:

"The Last Page of The Internet"

...."Now turn off your computer and go outside and play."

You should try hanging out with John for a while...he is a riot. And he really knows more about bourbon than just about anyone I have met outside of a distillery employee.

If everyone who enjoyed his site, dropped him a note....I am sure it would be much appreciated. It would be very nice if he posted regularly again. Maybe, we could woo him back to the flock.

There are lots of archived posts on the site. Some of the threads were just John, Julian Van Winkle, Ken Weber and Mike Veech talkin bourbon. Alot of the posts were from "donotdelete" so look at the bottom of the post for a signature.

Well, I guess Jono knows already...since he is an old schooler too. I forget how late to the party I was....

And he really knows more about bourbon than just about anyone I have met outside of a distillery employee.

And don't forget his enormous knowledge of Rye whiskies.

Joe :usflag:

"Well, I guess Jono knows already...since he is an old schooler too. I forget how late to the party I was...."

Yes and No...I don't profess expertise on the history and technical aspects of whiskey production...or tasting notes..that leaves me with just enjoyment....so thank you for the info. I learn something new everyday on this forum.....

It is sad to see so many old brands disappear...to be honest..all weren't that good...but the ones thought to be the best ...Old Hickory etc..are truly a loss to the modern whiskey drinker.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.