Bourbon "federal Reserve" 1950

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Interesting bottle. anyone ever heard of this or know any history for something like this...

post-2939-14489814323123_thumb.jpg

post-2939-14489814323244_thumb.jpg

post-2939-1448981432337_thumb.jpg

post-2939-1448981432348_thumb.jpg

That's a most excellent question!

I wish I had some info on this one myself. :grin:

I can't tell you much but from the second label I can tell you that it was a german import made for the german market and imported by Mootz in Munich. That is all I can tell or read from the labels.

Joe :usflag:

E,

I can't say for sure....but I would guess that HH probably owned that label.

I don't recognize any of the basics of the packaging. But HH does use bottles shaped in the square as much as anyone. They also have phone book sized label books for domestic and export labels. Maybe, Bettye Jo would recognize some of the packaging?

I am not sure how it is a 20yr bourbon from 1950 unless it spent a real long time in stainless. No tax stamp, no other discernable markings... I doubt these have been sitting in the bottles all theses years. They are in a couple shops in Japan and on different eBay stores around the world..

I think they are for sale at $230+ and I could not imagine buying one with that much uncertainty around it...

I am not sure how it is a 20yr bourbon from 1950 unless it spent a real long time in stainless. No tax stamp, no other discernable markings... I doubt these have been sitting in the bottles all theses years. They are in a couple shops in Japan and on different eBay stores around the world..

I think they are for sale at $230+ and I could not imagine buying one with that much uncertainty around it...

Can't blame you there. I would try it, but not sure if it would be all that for the $$$$$.

The label says it was distilled in 1950 so it was bottled in 1970. I don't see why it would have had any time in stainless steel since the bonding period was increased to 20 years in the 1950's. I wish there was an image of the bottom of the label so that information gould be read. I think I have seen the label in a label book at the United distillers archive. I want to say either Glenmore or Medley label book, but it could have been Schenley since they over produced so much in the early 50's and still had a lot of old whiskey to dispose of in 1970.

Mike Veach

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.