"Secret Code" needed for Bardstown Bourbon Society

chilidawg7
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

As was discussed in this thread, many companies have brand loyalty membership programs. I tried to join Heaven Hill's group, but have no success. My story follows.

When I try to join the "Bardstown Bourbon Society", I am prompted for a 'secret code.'

Anyone know what I should be entering in that space? According to the site,

"Invitations for the Bardstown Bourbon Society can be found in gift cartons of Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage, Elijah Craig Single Barrel and Henry McKenna Single Barrel. Upon purchasing one of these fine Bourbons, you can send in the special invitation for a complementary membership into the Bardstown Bourbon Society. Once you submit the invitation, you will receive a new member packet within 4-6 weeks containing membership materials. We hope to welcome you soon as a member."

I've got a bottle of EWSB here, but see no secret code. Any help you could offer would be much appreciated...

It's been a while, but try "mashbill".

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

It's been a while, but try "mashbill".

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Thanks Dave - that was it!

and craig - there was a tag around the bottle, but no info about the BBS, just a lot of bragging about how good the bourbon is. :)

I have only ever seen the invites in EC18, and you can't buy that in Australia!

Scott

Although I cheated on the secret code by getting it here, that's that's only due to laziness. I didn't feel like grabbing the McKenna SB that I have in the bunker to check it myself. :grin:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.