Stemless Glassware Sale

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

For anyone interested, I noticed a stemless wine glass sale in the Cost Plus World Market circular, which came in this morning's Atlanta newpaper. They are advertising a case price of 12 for $10. I don't know the size, nor quality, but it sure seems like a terrific price. They show a picture of them, and they look about the right size for bourbon drinking.

You can also view it at www.costplus.com

:toast:

JOE

Thanks. It's worth checking out. I need to go pick up another tin of ginger Altoids, anyway, and that's the only place I can consistently find them.

Did you know that the Cost Plus World Market just past Peachtree on Piedmont is where the Limelight was? I'm pretty sure it's even in the same location in the shopping center.

Thanks. It's worth checking out. I need to go pick up another tin of ginger Altoids, anyway, and that's the only place I can consistently find them.

Did you know that the Cost Plus World Market just past Peachtree on Piedmont is where the Limelight was? I'm pretty sure it's even in the same location in the shopping center.

Right by the Disco Kroger! You know, now that you mention it, I think I did see that about CPWM being where the Limelight was. We park in that parking lot every year, before the Peachtree Road Race. We always comment about the Limelight. The kids that run with us go, HUH? I never went to the Limelight, but the stories about it are legendary. Atlanta's own Studio 54, back in the day.

JOE

We stopped by World Market after dinner and the glasses in the ad are nice and feel substantial in your hand, but they hold too much liquid for my preference. I would guess that they easily hold 8-10 ounces and reasonable :cool: pour would get lost in there.

At 12 glasses for 10 bucks, they are a steal if you're a wine drinker.

Right by the Disco Kroger! You know, now that you mention it, I think I did see that about CPWM being where the Limelight was. We park in that parking lot every year, before the Peachtree Road Race. We always comment about the Limelight. The kids that run with us go, HUH? I never went to the Limelight, but the stories about it are legendary. Atlanta's own Studio 54, back in the day.

I went to the Limelight once, but it was well past its prime, as you can imagine, what with them letting me in and all. I spent a good part of the night watching Return of the Living Dead in a little side room.

The disco Kroger was the first one we knew about that was open 24 hours, which came in handy when we got the munchies or needed limes or something.

Happened by a World Market this week, and stopped in to check out these glasses. Ended up buyingthe 12 for $10. They are 4-1/2" tall with a 2-1/2" mouth. 3-1/2" at the widest. As Ox said, they feel substantial, and the glass is not whisper thin. I'd have to say, I'm pretty happy with them. I'll probably look to get another dozen.

JOE

I have been thinking of buying stemless wine glasses since in the last several months we have broke a few Riedel Vinum glasses, the ones intended for Bordeaux and Cab. As I was drying the bowl I snapped the stem right off. It just came right off in my hand. I guess I was being a little too rough.

Does anyone know which stemless glasses were used for whiskey on the History's Channel's Modern Marvels program. The one where they interviewd two guys at The Branby Library in New York?

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a 12oz. brandy snifter from the World Market. I just wanted to check it out for sampling bourbon, and it's now my favorite glass! There's plenty of room for swirling and sniffing 3oz. of boubon, and the glass is good and heavy. It has already taken several lickings and it keeps on ticking!

The best $3.99 I've ever spent!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.