Maraschino cherry-infused bourbon

Aged In Oak
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Being a Manhattan fan, I was intrigued recently when reading this thread on infused bourbon. Someone mentioned maraschino cherry infused bourbon, and I thought I'd give it a shot. So, for those who have tried this, how did you make it? How many cherries did you use? What kind of bourbon? Any of the juice? How long did you let it sit and infuse before use? Any other tips? I've done some simple infusions before, but I thought I'd get some advice before trying this one.

The one place I bartended where we did this, it was simple:

Half fill jar with cherries (no juice), fill to top with bourbon. We would add a bit of juice each time we topped off the jar with more bourbon, add in more cherries as needed.

Experiment small, get some mason jars and give it a go.

When I ran across this at a bar recently, the bartender actually rinsed the cherries in soda water twice before the whiskey was added.

Definitely don't use the juice of the maraschino cherries. It really makes the bourbon/vodka too syrupy.

A few years back I got adventurous and made a chocolate chip and maraschino cherry flavored vodka. It would have been really something interesting, but I used the syrup and the mixture became too syrupy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.