Whiskyfest in NYC

Bob
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm hoping to attend. I expect to bring my wife and 4 year old daughter to see NYC and turn it into a vacation.

Looks like a good time. I really wish it wasn't on a weeknight - given that it's a Wednesday evening, no chance of my going. frown.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Holy Hay-Zeus it's above the Mason-Dixon line!!!!! frown.gif Leave the Kilted Fairries and Homo-canadians up north, and have a WhiskeyFest down south. Oh my stars! We already have just such a thing! It's called the Bardstown Bourbon Festival. No need to travel north of the Mason-Dixon nor do you have to put on a kilt. Instead of drinking rot gut barley crapola you can drink a first rate world class bourbon. Kentucky - Gotta Love it! grin.gif

Hey Linn, wonderful news! The gentlemanly agricultural South has been defeated by the brutal industrial North. The war is over!

Besides, it's a blast to get buzzed on bourbon and harass malt-horror sipping skirt wearing would be expatriots ... any time of the year grin.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! (We're just reloading!) wink.gif Or are we just getting loaded??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I can't remember... Something about Appomattox Courthouse on April 9th, 1865

The Malt Advocate Magazine puts a Whiskeyfest on in New York in the fall and in Chicago in the spring. I have attended the Chicago event and it's a good time. For one modest price you have access to whiskey from more than 60 exhibitors. They also have presentations and a pretty good buffet, but the heart of the event is the chance to taste lots of different whiskies.

Don't worry, Linn - the S****h can't remember that they lost the Battle of Culloden and are a part of Great Britain. Now, as to us Monongahela Pennsylvanians, we all realize that the Whiskey Rebellion was actually won by us - the mopping up process is just taking a little bit of time.

Ralph "Don't Tread on Me" Wilps

Last April when the fest was in Chicago on a Thursday night we (a co-worker and a brother-in-law) went downtown...arranged to stay overnight and went to work back in the burbs from downtown....it helps if you have an accomodating manager and wife. Try to make it some how...kilt or no kilt...it is a big world of whiskey and life is too short to limit yourself!

Well Linn, there are quite a few Bourbons that will be represented: one of your favorites, Blanton's, Buffalo Trace (maybe we'll get to try some of their new October releases), Eagle Rare, Elmer T Lee (he'll be there himself!), numerous Heaven Hill products, Maker's Mark, Old Potero, Jim Beam's Small Batch Bourbons, a number of Van Winkle's, WILD TURKEY, WL Weller and Woodford Reserve. In addition to Mr. Lee, Lincoln Henderson and the manager's from Maker's Mark and Wild Turkey distilleries are scheduled to be there. And yes, quite a few good Scotch products, which I know is terrible to say here, but as you say, we should tell it like we see it, and I say Single Malt Scotch is good! So is Bourbon! So, I know I'll have a good ole time, up in NYC. Too bad you can't be here. Sorry I can't be in Kentucky for some of the great events going on down there, but I'm glad there is an event like Whiskyfest happening in my hometown. Hope to see some of you there!

Bob

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.