What is the highest priced 23 year olds bourbon?

gunnerisac
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Well Gunner the only 23 year old bourbon that I am aware of for sale in the U.S. is Old Rip Van Winkle and I believe it's retail price is $179. Heaven Hill has a 23 year old for the Japanese market only, but I do not know the price.

Your question is at a perfect time.....I just got back from Heaven Hill....I have been in the advertising room........I have stocked the booth with things like shot glasses, lowball glasses, cigars etc.....I always use our products is my display.....I have scanned two bottles of the 23 year old Evan Williams..... This is a new look from the one that I had in the booth a few years back....The label and the bottle are different.....I asked what it cost....each.....$270.00

The two bottles are live (see attachment)....It really attracts the folks who love bourbon....cause it's not everyday that you can actually touch and look at this rare and expensive bottling.....and by the way......I take them home with me every night......

As for the next question that some of you might ask me.... NO..... I AIN'T GONNA OPEN IT OR SHARE IT WITH ANY ONE.....THEY ARE SINGED OUT IN MY NAME.......IN OTHER WORDS-----ON LOAN-----

grin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gif

P.S. This bottling is export only-----Japan and France..........

post-20-14489811080675_thumb.jpg

I left last years Bourbon Fest on Saturday nite and drove straight to Louisville and Picked up my bottle of Pappy 23 I think I paid 122.50 for it . Did I need my head examined? probably But By God I've got it and I haven't seen any of it around lately . I wanted some of it from the first time I saw it , but when I found out that they only bottled 3000 bottles of it I figured I better get in or out. It remains sealed for now and I have an expressed purpose for it . It took 23 years to get where it is no use getting in a hurry now.

Sorry for this repeat of a post... but about three years my local (near my office) liquor store went out of business. (Believe me I did MY part to keep them going!) They only reduced their prices by 20% and that was only on the last day! frown.gif One exception... Pappy 23 was from a different wholesaler so they couldn't send it back for credit. I got it for $100! laugh.gif I've been meaning to open it for the last two Mardi gras, but it didn't work out (out of town and then ill). Next Mardi gras should be the day! grin.gif

• 1 month later...

Hey Bobby,

I know what you want me to do...but I am too blush.gif embarrassed blush.gif to write it again...Even if I did I would probably tongue.gif delete tongue.gif it.....AGAIN.........

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

I'll just construct it in my mind and laugh at this point. It really is funny fellow Bourbonians . grin.gif

Well damn. Comeon Bettye Jo, I wanna know the answer to this question. You know...for future reference... smirk.gif

Bj

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.