Bourbon Pound Cake

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Cake:

8 tablespoons bourbon (your choice – wheated would be best)

5 large eggs

1 cup butter

3 cups all purpose flour

1/2 cup milk

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed

1/2 cup granulated sugar

Glaze:

1/3 cup granulated sugar

4 tablespoons Bourbon

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F

Spray pan with non stick spray

Stir together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.

Combine milk, vanilla and Bourbon.

Mix on high (beat) butter and sugars until creamy

Add eggs one at a time

Mixing on low flour and milk mixtures (alternately)

Pour into pan.

Bake for ~80 minutes checking regularly after 1 hour

Mix glaze ingredients and brush on cake.

i might try this soon!

at school we had a thanksgiving potluck...

i took a Trader Joe's Orange and Cranberry bread but added an ingredient: a good dose of ELIJAH CRAIG 12...and it gave the bread a more 'rum-cake' texture...stickier. glad to say it was a hit.

someone else had homemade cranberry sauce...but with cognac added! never heard of that, but it was stout...i called it a 'pilgrim jello shot'....:grin:

It is great! Made it last night and it rocks!!!.... Used Weller Centennial from Julios and my wife loves it as well.... I will when her over one bourbon recepee at a time

It is great! Made it last night and it rocks!!!.... Used Weller Centennial from Julios and my wife loves it as well.... I will when her over one bourbon recepee at a time

I guess I got lucky, my wife likes bourbon, last night she had some Stagg, neat.

I waited until she had a few sips then I let her see the proof on the label, she couldn't belive it.

Also Centennial is her favorite.

I just pulled the first of two loaf's out of the oven. Poured over the glaze and took a sample. Yeeeeeeeuuuuummmy. My mother in law is over and we were shoving down pieces of the bourbon loaf. My wife tried and spit it out...."I can taste the bourbon..yuck".

Great recipe, easy to make and delicious. I used Maker's Mark bourbon.

• 3 weeks later...

I made this recipe Friday (snow day). I thought it was quite tasty, but not overwhelmingly bourbony. A keeper recipe!!

I made this recipe Friday (snow day). I thought it was quite tasty, but not overwhelmingly bourbony. A keeper recipe!!

I'm still devouring that thing. Mui bourbonso deliliciouso as they say in Poland.:skep:

• 1 month later...

Emerald, whipped up one of these this past weekend... used some current OF Prime 80PF ....per your wheater suggestion. Damn good pound cake. I find pound cakes freeze quite well in serving size pieces. We polished off about 1/2 the cake and had to freeze the rest or it would have been gone.

Emerald, whipped up one of these this past weekend... used some current OF Prime 80PF ....per your wheater suggestion. Damn good pound cake. I find pound cakes freeze quite well in serving size pieces. We polished off about 1/2 the cake and had to freeze the rest or it would have been gone.

I think the lower proof bourbons are the way to go. My wife grabbed the OWA for the last one we made and it was a little strong (for some folks).

I think I will keep it to the 80-95 proofers from the next time.

Glad you liked it sir... and yes, they do freeze well to help slow the consumption of them... :D

I'm thinking we need a loaf or two of this for our get together later this month. Let's see....Stagg bourbon loaf has a nice ring to it.

Greg... Stagg... Your oven would explode!!!! I did mine in a bunt pan and it came out perfect after an hour of bake time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.