A Test That turned out Great-?- Peanut Liqour & Rittenhouse Rye 80 proof

dave ziegler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well tonight I decided to try something I have wanted to so I brought out my Modern Bottle of 80 proof Rittenhouse Rye and put about a shot and half of it and a shot of my Vintage Peanut Liqour on Ice and All I can say is it is like Rye Bread with fresh peanut Butter with a great kick!

The smells of Peanuts and Rye come jumping out of the Ice as I sip and it looks like it is time for second one it is so smooth.

I wish I had a bottle of Our Original Rittenhouse to use in it but this KY Rittenhouse is awesome stuff. I just thought if Scotch tasted so Dam good with it, then Rye should to and it is one of the best experiments I have tried.

So I toast Mr Neuman with my Next one for all the years He ran the greatest Distilling Company in The History of Pa for Me.

Now What The Heck do I call it as the One with Scotch is called the Endinburg Express, How about a Reading Flyer in memory of The Reading Railroad that my Grandfather worked on.

Dave Z

-------------------------------------------------------

It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

----------------------------------------------------------

America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

Wow! I didn't even know they made peanut liquour. It's like an adult peanut butter sandwich except easier to chew and swallow. If you added a dash of blackberry schnapps or just grape juice you could call it a PB&J.

Dave, even though this is not the same peanut liqour...I wonder if there is some similarity in taste...not sure how much of the rum comes through.

http://www.castriescreme.com/

There are alot of peanut butter and pb&j martinin recipes online...but they use various liquors.

Is the peanut liquor (liqueur?) readily available these days? I like the sound of the Reading Flyer.

It's not really the same, but this reminds me of the Fitzgerald bottling that Cliff christened the Cracker Jack, which was a UD Bernheim-distilled / HH Bardstown-bottled product.

I'd be interested if anyone who was in on the Cracker Jack phenomenon could comment on it versus current HH Fitzgerald.

Roger

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.