Antique Whiskey Collection

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The Antique Whiskey Collection from Buffalo Trace consists of Eagle Rare 17 Year Old rye recipe bourbon, Sazerac 18 Year Old rye whiskey, W.L. Weller 19 Year Old wheated bourbon, and George T. Stagg 15 Year Old rye recipe bourbon, offered at barrel strength, uncut and unfiltered.

After Mark Brown was so forthcoming with the provenance of the Old Charter Classic 90 12-year-old, I asked him for the origins of the four Antique Whiskey Collection offerings. He replied promptly with an answer.

Weller 19 was part of the stock of old Stitzel-Weller inventory that came along with the Weller purchase.

Sazerac Rye 18 was part of a batch of straight rye whiskey made at Ancient Age/Buffalo Trace under the Cream of Kentucky DSP in 1981, that had become completely lost in their inventory. They only found it after a complete review and inspection of their barrel inventory.

Eagle Rare 17 was part of their "rye mash bourbon #2" inventory.

The Stagg 15 from their "rye mash bourbon #1" inventory.

Three cheers for Buffalo Trace, for making great whiskey and for providing good information about it.

I realize that there are some things we don't need to know , but this is a welcomed flow of truthful information, a breath of fresh air in a very stuffy room. Our nieghbors ( who were at the cookout ) have family and friends in for a bit . We went with them to Jim Beam's outpost today. We watched the movie and Booker proudly( and justifiably) proclaims Bookers as the only uncut and unfiltered whiskey on the market or in the world. I told the lady there they needed to make a new movie, she that is a new movie , and I said you need another one. I explained to her what BT was getting ready to release. I think the 137.4 proof was a little awe inspiring, but she was unimpressed with the 15 year age. I don't think I made their day. ooo.gif

• 3 months later...

Hello, Linn. I spoke with Kew weber today and he did confirm to me that Stagg was indeed from the BT #1 mashbill. Seems Chuck gets good info. Creggor.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.