Distillery Glencairn

kickert
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I finally got around to comparing my crystal cognac glass with a Glencairn and didn't notice any difference in the flavor (ERSB10). I'll try it again with another bourbon soon.

One thing I noticed about the crystal glass is that it really held the legs forever. Nice effect.

Cheers!

• 5 weeks later...

Stopped at an estate sale in the neighborhood today. Found two Glencairn glasses. Got them for $1 apiece. Actually $0.70. Everything was 30% off. :grin: No inscriptions or anything but real Glencairns. Now I have backups. Joe

I bought my first Glencairn yesterday . . . it's crystal which is nice. So far, I prefer my extra large snifter to it - - the snifter seems to deliver a mellower flavor/nose. I'll have to do some more research and get back to you guys, though. :grin::grin::grin:

Where'd you get a crystal Glencairn, Andy?

Cheers!

At Kappy's in Peabody, MA -- right across the street from the North Shore Mall -- $7.99.

Wow, good price for those. I paid about eight bucks apiece for the glass ones, although it was at the Bourbon Heritage Center and they jack up the prices there.

I'll have to make a trip to Kappy's soon.

Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.