BTAC Info Sheet Thread

barturtle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Seeing posts of folks picking up 2012 WLW already, did i miss the release? Thought it tended to be more a mid October thing.

Seeing posts of folks picking up 2012 WLW already, did i miss the release? Thought it tended to be more a mid October thing.

September/October/November-ish

I spoke with the Buffalo Trace distillery on Aug 17, 2012. They said they were finishing up bottling of the BTAC. At that date, they said it would be available in 4-6 weeks. We should start to see some any day, at least those lucky enough to source some.

What was the proof on the 2011 Handy? I just received my BTAC order and the 2 bottles of Handy I ordered are different proofs one is 132 proof and one is 128 proof? I presume that the 128 is a 2011 bottle?

I know BTAC has hit at least one shelf in SoCal, picked up a bottle of WLW, although it seems most retailers are still waiting for their shipment.

From the standpoint of # of bottles, do they announce that sort of thing? I seem to remember Heaven Hill noting specific bottle count with Parker's Heritage. Trying to decide if i crack open one of the bottles i managed to snag or hold out till much later in the winter (as in, can i buy more if i happen to love it?).

The info sheets contain number of barrels and evaporation loss, so you can get an idea of the total volume of whiskey that was bottled. However, whatever the number of bottles is, you are extremely unlikely to find more later in the year. But open it anyway, if you want to drink it. Bourbon is for drinking!

Thanks for the info, i don't buy to put in a glass case! And living in KY i'm fortunate enough to find most choices year round. May have to pop open the WLW later this weekend.

WLW will be the first one I open when I get my hands on some. But sad to say, it's a once a year thing, no matter where you are. It's great bourbon, I'm sure you'll enjoy that bottle. Cheers!

Edited by HighInTheMtns

Not that i expect repeat of last year, but was new to bourbon in Oct/Nov/Dec 2011 remember walking into local mega-store and finding piles of it. Wondered at the time why the heck any bourbon could be worth that much. kicked myself in the spring when i realize what chance i had to snag at least 1 bottle of a limite release to try.

If anyone can scan and post the info sheets from this years and last years release, I would appreciate it. If you know where I can download/print/view them online, that would be great too.

If anyone can scan and post the info sheets from this years and last years release, I would appreciate it. If you know where I can download/print/view them online, that would be great too.

since the thread was getting long and the sheets were hard to find I put them all together. I'll try to post them together for you.

since the thread was getting long and the sheets were hard to find I put them all together. I'll try to post them together for you.

Merged to keep them all in one place as that's the intent of the thread that is stickied at the top of the Premium/Specialty forum.

Remember that this thread is just for the info sheets and not for a discussion of the releases. The more discussion that is added, the tougher it is to find the sheets.

It just takes a little discipline, folks.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting how early some of these selections were made as shown by the dates on the letters. March for GTS & ER17, May for Saz 18, July for Handy and August for WLW.

Has that one spreadsheet on the site been updated yet? You guys know which one I'm talking about right? I like to print that one out each year when it's updated.

Anyone have a link to that spreadsheet?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.