BTAC Info Sheet Thread

barturtle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anyone notice two seperate bottling dates on the cases for 2012 GTS? Dates stamped on the cases looks like one was done on February 28th and the other on March 5th. More importantly, has anyone tried bottles and is willing to comment?

• 1 month later...

Hi, everyone,

I don't often get a chance to read or post here, but I want to thank those that contributed to this thread. I've only ever gotten my hands on GTS 2007 (despite waiting lists), though I have tasted others in the series (WLW and Saz - both AMAZING) and it's great to have this information available.

On that note, does anyone here know who is responsible at BT for deciding territory allocation or territory introduction? By the latter, I mean who decides to make it available to a liquor control board in a particular state or territory? Understandably, the spirits buyer needs to know about the product, but surely, encouraging BT to make contact with said buyer can't hurt either. I would just like to drop a kind word to BT to please think of bourbon drinkers in Quebec, Canada, when considering annual releases. Bourbon selection is getting better and better here, but a little encouragement can't hurt.

Cheers,

DW.

• 1 month later...

newb here, and just discovering that I really like the BT juice, like many of you. Is the stuff from the BTAC able to be found at the retail level or does it disappear from the shelves as quick as the van winkle stuff these days? I'm really intrigued by a few of these, and wondering if I should even dream about getting to sample them without getting very lucky.

newb here, and just discovering that I really like the BT juice, like many of you. Is the stuff from the BTAC able to be found at the retail level or does it disappear from the shelves as quick as the van winkle stuff these days? I'm really intrigued by a few of these, and wondering if I should even dream about getting to sample them without getting very lucky.

In 2012, only the Handy was sitting on shelves in the six states I searched during the release. Best bet is get on lists at many liquor stores and make friends with the owner or whiskey sales manager. Thanks to a dozen lists I was able to acquire multiples of all but WLW.

The BTAC seems to be more in demand than they were, probably because they are noticed by those seeking the more popular Van Winkles. Still not that hard to come by though (a fair number are made available each year) and you may be able to reserve a bottle or two through your local dealer.

Your close Sir Squire,

BTAC and all the other BT bottlings are in more demand largley becuase of thier relentless and aggresive marketing. They do and say things that make you want thier whisk(e)y. All these experiments that are very ultra limited edition cuase most to buy thier readily available names and bottles. There is no accident in the method to thier madness. I will say though that I found a serious error in thier "media kit" web sit. I brought it to the attention of the President: Mark Brown. No change yet. Its in the bios of the Van Winkles.

Anyway. They make good wiskey, and thats the reason thier bottles continue to be sought after. Otherwise it would just be a flash in the pan.........

BTAC and all the other BT bottlings are in more demand largley becuase of thier relentless and aggresive marketing.

Wait, are you serious? Relentless and aggressive marketing? If you were talking about Jim Beam, I might see that, but not BT/BTAC for sure.

I must be missing the relentless advertising as well. Not sure I have ever seen an add for BTAC product.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Seems like these links no longer go the copy of the spec sheet. Did anybody save those from 2012? Or maybe they are still on line but found elsewhere?

Seems like these links no longer go the copy of the spec sheet. Did anybody save those from 2012? Or maybe they are still on line but found elsewhere?

The bourbons are here...http://www.greatbourbon.com/trade-assets?field_brand_taxonomy_tid=All&=Apply

Ryes? No idea.

I usually save these but I can't find the 2012 sheets. I'm sure someone will be along shortly and attach them in this thread.

Edited by Tucker

Click on the bottle, then scroll to trade assets. The current pdf. will load.

Click on the bottle, then scroll to trade assets. The current pdf. will load.

Thanks! Still think it might be wise to save a copy of the pdf here as it may not always be accessible on the web page.

The 2012 PDFs are dated from the first week of March. Should we be seeing info for 2013 soon?

2012 Stagg, WLWeller and Eagle Rare 17. No doubt they are out there and made a brief search but did not see these for Saz or Handy.

post-8493-14489818920047_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489818918808_thumb.jpg

post-8493-1448981891944_thumb.jpg

Edited by tanstaafl2

• 3 weeks later...

OK, looked through this thread hoping to find some early fact sheets. 2005 WLW is not here as well as about anything prior to this. Where the facts sheets always included in the cases going back to 1st year in 2000 or was this added later?

The first page of this thread has the 05 WLW fact sheet, posted by Barturtle in 2009 (post #4). Hope that's helpful.

The first page of this thread has the 05 WLW fact sheet, posted by Barturtle in 2009 (post #4). Hope that's helpful.
Yes, thanks and thanks to Timothy for posting way back. Still looking for 2000 Saz 18, 2000 ER17 and 2004 Stagg fact sheets.

Yes, thanks and thanks to Timothy for posting way back. Still looking for 2000 Saz 18, 2000 ER17 and 2004 Stagg fact sheets.

I contacted BT directly some time ago attempting to get those, in addition to all the Weller 19 ones, they claimed even they didn't have them.

I have an 04 Stagg sheet. How can I send it to you?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.