Short review - Embassy Nicaragua - bundle cigar

Pill_Man
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Embassy Nicaragua - Cetro 6x44

Wrapper: Maduro

Binder: Indonesian

Filler: Nicaraguan, Honduran, Peru

Bundle cigar from Uncle Mikey (www.mrbundles.com)

For all who are looking for a reasonably priced bundle cigar with some "umph" to it.. this could be the one. It has a beautiful medium chocolate colored wrapper with very small veins. Burn and construction are excellent - right off the truck.

This is a no nonesense Nicaraguan cigar with no nuances of this, or undertones of that. It's a straightforward, somewhat in-your-face cigar with an earthy, strong Nicaraguan tobacco flavor. A bit one dimensional, but that one dimension is quite tasty, especially if you like strong Nicaraguan tobacco. While not the most powerful cigar I've ever had, it's definitely not an early in the day smoke - you'll want some food on your stomach when you smoke this one.

So.. for those looking for a good tasting, strong Nicaraguan (20% off sale on these right now, off the $28.95 regular price) at an every-day price, I recommend the Embassy Nicaragua Maduro.

I had just opened my EW Single Barrel, Vintage 1992. Did a short review over on the CW board, and posted a copy of it here in the Tastings forum. For me, this was a good combo. But I have to say, I so loved that EW Vintage that I'm pretty sure I would have claimed it went with _any_ cigar. cool.gif

• 3 months later...

This smoke is an excellent everyday cigar that I find goes very well with Makers Mark. Its robust enough to compliment the Makers soft spoken presence. Uncle Mikey has some nice valued smokes as well. If you invite him to a tasting he may very well bring the smokes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.