Black Maple Hill 23yo vs. Vintage Rye 23yo?

augustgarage
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I realize this is sort of a follow-up to this thread, but I wanted to see if anyone had done any comparisons between these two ryes? Are these from the same source/barrels? Thanks very much.

I realize this is sort of a follow-up to this thread, but I wanted to see if anyone had done any comparisons between these two ryes? Are these from the same source/barrels? Thanks very much.

Send me a bottle of each, and I'll be more than happy to report back my findings. TPS report and all.:cool:

I can't imagine either of them being any better than the Vintage 21 year Rye, but I haven't tasted either to give better truth to my claim. I just haven't seen justification to pay the large difference in price for the 23, especially the BMH23 which from what I recall was pretty easily over the $100 mark.

After checking it appears Binnys has dropped the price on some of these. The BMH 23 is now showing $99.99, the Vintage 23 $74.99 and the Vintage 21 $59.99. Considering Bevmo was selling the Vintage 21 bourbon for $49.99 which I didn't think was worth 20bucks, that is a very good price on the 21 Rye.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it true that the Black Maple Hill bourbons were made/bottled by Julian? :skep:

See Wade's quote from Julian here.

Hey Stones, during the time Julian ran his own business he did not actually make any whiskey, rather he sourced his supply by hand selecting barrels from other distilleries. He also did some custom bottling.

I can't imagine either of them being any better than the Vintage 21 year Rye, but I haven't tasted either to give better truth to my claim. I just haven't seen justification to pay the large difference in price for the 23, especially the BMH23 which from what I recall was pretty easily over the $100 mark.

After checking it appears Binnys has dropped the price on some of these. The BMH 23 is now showing $99.99, the Vintage 23 $74.99 and the Vintage 21 $59.99. Considering Bevmo was selling the Vintage 21 bourbon for $49.99 which I didn't think was worth 20bucks, that is a very good price on the 21 Rye.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Stones, during the time Julian ran his own business he did not actually make any whiskey, rather he sourced his supply by hand selecting barrels from other distilleries. He also did some custom bottling.

Man i love this forum! Thanks guys. :bowdown:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.