What would be your last drink?

CL
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've been inspired by a post in the tasting forum tonight by bluesbassdad. (Why do I always want to spell it bluesbadass?) grin.gif

What would be your drink of choice for your last drink?

I think I would vote for Bookers - I'd like to go out full flavored and strong. Ok, I also wouldn't have to worry about drinking to much of the 127 proof and ending up with a hangover because I'd be dead. wink.gif

Bookers isn't a regular at my house, but that doesn't mean I don't like it. I save it for occasional dinner on the expense account to savor with a full flavored steak.

bluesbassdad's post

After trying George T. Stagg at Buffalo Trace's tasting this past September, I would definately make that my last drink! cool.gif

Tim, Must be something in the Birmingham area water! I haven't quite decided, but Rare Breed ranks up there! Roll Tide! ooo.gif See ya. H'wood

It would be hard to beat the Stagg. I don't like to think in these terms much, occassionally I wonder what I would select if I only could make 1 trip to the Bourbo-Bunker to remove something. I guess the sensible answer is there's nothing down there that a) can't be replaced, or

B) I couldn't live without if it couldn't be.

If God is good to me , and he/she has been so far , I'll never have to make that decision. If the last Bourbon to touch these lips is Jim Beam White 4 Year Old , I'll still die a happy man! smirk.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

It would be hard to beat the Stagg.

What, no dogs by your side? wink.gif

No, your choice is not weird at all. You have an excellent perspective. I thoroughly enjoyed your post.

I think it just may be a preference of Crimson Tide football fans! cool.gif Any Wild Turkey product would suit me just fine as a parting drink. The bird rules.

Roll Tide from enemy territory,

-Troy

Indeed, my friend! Keep the bird flying high! grin.gif What is your preference/and or feelings for WT101, Rare Breed, and Kentucky Spirit? Again Roll Bird er..Tide! Shout back, H'wood cool.gif

My two "favorites of the moment", as it were, are Kentucky Spirit and Woodford Reserve. I think, if I had to choose one, it'd probably be the Woodford right now. Which just goes to show you how tastes can change - some of you may remember when I first arrived at this forum not that long ago, my stated strong displeasure with the Woodford. I've always said up fron that I'm a fickle man....

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

What is your preference/and or feelings for WT101, Rare Breed, and Kentucky Spirit?

>What would be your drink of choice for your last drink?

I would want something that I made myself (no matter how bad it is), as a final

statement of my individuality.

If that's not an option, then I'd like something that was distilled (or bottled)

around the same time that I was born. Born together, die together.

(My head would be spinning so much that I wouldn't be able to enjoy

a drink of anything... )

I have to agree with you. I bought my first bottle of Russell's Reserve last night. I think I enjoyed it. I drank way too much of it to remember right now grin.gif But still I have to give the nod to Rare Breed. It reminds me of Booker's, but with a little more attainable character.

I'll drink to that! I would be very happy if AAA was my last pour on earth. Even my OF 100. I know I would be going to heaven if I had a glass of MM in my hand grin.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.