Whiskeyfest 2001

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Jeez Chuck you live there! Chicago in MARCH?! Hell NO! I don't travel above the Mason-Dixon anyway but MARCH? What madman decided that? You come down south damnit I ain't agoing up there!

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

March in Chicago. I will have to see what the vacation time and money flow is like but it might be worth it if I include doing some research while I am there. (Maybe I will be able to find the Mida's Criteria magazines I am looking for.)

Mike Veach

Chicago in March? Funny part is, I didn't even think about that. As you said, I live here. After January and February, March is when we start to wear shorts.

Of course, it helps that the Hyatt Regency, where Whiskeyfest will be held, has an underground garage and is connected by an underground walkway system to the commuter rail system and the "L," so one really doesn't need to go outside to attend.

--Chuck Cowdery

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

City folk. You go "out" without going outside. I'm in debt to the Bank of America for about $1500 for the Bourbon Festival so that's the real reason I won't be able to attend.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Chuck,

You know I'll be there. March in Chicago, yeah it's nasty. In fact, we only have two seasons, 4th of July and winter. I think most people take a break and go to Toronto for warmer climes this time of year. Our weather myth is the only thing keeping us from becoming overrun (sort of like the PacNoWest), so I am glad to perpetuate it. Shh, don't tell anyone about the PedWay in the loop.

Cheers,

Bushido

"Shh, don't tell anyone about the PedWay in the loop."

Whoops. Uh, yeah, right. No PedWay. It was closed, yeah, that's right, flooded in the Great Sewer Backup of '96.

--Chuck Cowdery

Indeed, I will be there. I look forward to meeting all of you people from the board. I just moved here from San Antonio, TX and I can assure you, winter in Chicago is no worse than summer in south Texas. March, however is beautiful - The worst thing about March in Chi. is that you've just had 6 monthsof gray and you still have another month to go.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.