Need Bourbon Shopping List!

CL
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Unfortunately, my brother is being sent to Saudi for a couple years. So, I am going to see him this weekend in WV before he leaves next week. But, the silver lining is that my sister from Louisville is also going to WV as well. So I get to put in an order with her. She's going shopping for me tomorrow at Liquor Barn!

Is the Stagg bourbon out yet?

Here's my list for stuff I can't get here in NC:

Buffalo Trace, liter bottles ;-)

Watham's

Very Old Barton (which one?)

Old Fitz 1849

Am I forgetting anything obvious?

Barton's are all good It comes in , 80,86,90 and 100 proof. Take your pick.

Anything VanWinkle! Staggs not out yet 2 more weeks. Ezra Brooks 7 year old 101 proof . Can you get Elijah Craig in NC? you can get 1.75 L for around 30 dollars. grin.gif As Clogsdon says AAA is a good one also.

Get a bottle of 4 Roses straight Bourbon It's 80 proof but at around 10 bucks it's a good one . It's not bad .

Thanks for the info on VOB. Will go with the 100 proof.

Already stocked on ORVW Rye (4+ bottles!). On my last bottle of 15 yo, 107. Want to get one more of that and try the 10 yo, 107, to save some dough.

Elijah Craig is here in NC. I'll see if we have Ezra Brooks. Haven't had that. Also, never had the 1849, VOB, and AAA 10 year. Anxious to try them.

And if I forget anything, I am headed to Alabama for T'giving to visit the wife's relatives. ;-)

When you get to Alabama, make sure to ASK for the Old Forester Birthday Bourbon. They don't seem to keep it on the shelf.

Other good bourbons available here include Kentucky Spirit, Blanton's, Rare Breed, Booker's, Russell's Reserve, and several others. All are fairly expensive compared to other areas, though.

Tim

Here's what my sister got for me tonite! She called me from Liquor Barn in Louisville to make sure she had it all. I see her on Saturday. None of this available here in NC.

* Ancient Ancient Age, 10 year old, 750 ml

* Very Old Barton, one bottle, 100 proof, liter

* Old Fitzgerald 1849, 750 ml

* Old Fitzgerald 100 proof, liter

* Old Rip Van Winkle, 10 year, 107 proof, 750 ml, 2 botttles

* Old Rip Van Winkle, 15 year, 107 proof, 750 ml

* Wathen's, 750 ml

* Buffalo Trace, 1.75 liter

No Stagg yet, as expected.

Party at my house next week! For all you WT, EW, and MM fans, we have that locally. ;-)

Hi Bobby,

I hear Stagg will be bottled next week (Nov. 18 - 22) at last! smile.gif Should be released on schedule, 1st week of December, just like you told us.

Don't let them get away. Guess they'll go for $40, worth every penny.

Omar

Omar, How did I know? Actually I found a nice lady at Evergreen Liquors named Donna at Middletown Ky . She is very competent , unlike some of the others I talked with. There are some managers that will only know about what is in their stores at the moment. I plan to procure what I can of this and no doubt will relish in sharing my exploits here. grin.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.