E-Cigarettes

Jono
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Over here there is a big fuzz going on wether to allow or ban it from public houses,tests have proven that only the smoker gets his nicotine,bystanders don`t but thanks the EEC-council will take a while to decide,they thank god that the Brussels headquarters is the only place where they can still buy their tobacco taxfree,but that`s another story.

Eric.

I bought one not too long ago after my brother told me about it and I have to say it's enjoyable but hardly a substitute for a cigarette. The chemical stimulation is there but it's just not as satisfying. One thing that bothers me about it is that the device didn't come with any information about how many "drags" from the e-cigarette equate to smoking a regular cigarette in terms of nicotine content, each nicotine cartridge for the one I have, Blu, is about 15 cigarettes but there is no way to know when you've used the equivalent of a cigarette.

I've never seen anyone using one of these and I've only used it outside the house a few times. Once at my desk at work just for the amusement of getting my "fix" at my desk while I was on a conference call that conflicted with my smoking schedule and the rest were when I showed it to other people I know who smoke; like me no one was really impressed. As far as I know I can use this thing pretty much anywhere since it's not smoking but I'd feel kind of silly with my electronic cigarette, complete with blue glowing LED light end when I take a "drag" and would rather step outside for something I enjoy more.

All in all it's still a pretty cool device, I've heard of a lot of people that have completely switched to this from tobacco and hope that the device is as safe as some, but not all, people claim it is. I do use mine every now and then but it's rather infrequent, perhaps it will prove itself more useful in the upcoming winter months.

I am sure with all of the explaining that one would have to do with such a device that usage in bars, restaurants and other public places will make it a major hassle. People will assume you are blowing smoke...not sure if there is aroma with it....I assume there is some. "Sir, you are fogging my glasses!"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.