Bourbon no longer in production

dogood
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am trying to find a bourbon no longer being produced. It probably has been 20-30 years. Do you have any suggestions? The name of the bourbon is Wildcatter Bourbon. Thanks D confused.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Sorry Big D - I've never heard of it. Sounds like something out of the Ronald Reagan '80's when domestic oil 'wildcatter's' were king. Are you from Texas or Oklahoma? Is that where you first saw this brand? Please tell us more. Think back - details, man details!

Actually, I'm from Texas and my Granddad was the "King of the Wildcatters". In case you are wondering that is not a self proclaimed title, but one given to him by other fellow oilmen. I will check some info. tonight and get back with more details. If I can't find any more bottles, I'd love to get any memorabilia associated with the bourbon. Thanks, D

In the modern heyday of American Whiskey, the 1950s and 1960s, there were thousands of different brands in circulation. Some were distributor brands, created by a distributor and only available within that distributor's sales area. Others were created for sale by a particular liquor store, bar, or private club. Some were created for a special event, as attendee gifts for a business convention, for example. In other words, many were not "real" brands, in the sense of being created by a distiller and distributed nationally. I don't know into which of these categories this product falls, because I've never heard of it, but chances are no one else here has either, for the reasons listed above. The name suggests a regional brand created for oil country.

• 2 weeks later...

While I've never seen that exact name, I have found Old Wildcat. Here is a reference from restored saloon in Anniston, AL: "The Peerless Saloon was established in 1899 by Robert E. "Daddy" Garner, he was known for his "Old Wildcat Whiskey". Upstairs was a brothel."

The word "wildcat whiskey" was apparently also used during prohibition.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.