"Is Bonded Bourbon Really Too Strong?"

silverfish
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

To me it's like a take off on the Goldilocks story. "Some bourbons are too light. Some bourbons are too strong. Oooooooooooh, and some bourbons are just right" :bigeyes: I agree with Todd. The 100/101 proof bourbons are a sweet spot. Joe

This thread brings me back to the Bottle Of Export Bottle In bond 10 years old 80 Proof Rittenhouse Rye I found that time at the Plant from 1979 To Me Neat it was one of the most flavorful Rye whiskeys I have ever tasted it also is great on Ice. I will be revisiting my find soon right now with Sinus trouble my taste is off. But it is of the typical taste I well remember back when I worked at Publicker The Rye in it was very forward and it was just delious to me!

Dave Z

====================================================

Philadelphia The Heritage Whiskey

It may avoid a raft of queries/comments to point out that Dave's bottle, pictured in a recent thread, was intended for export, which apparently explains why the label could state bonded for an 80 proof whiskey.

Gary

I can't say that I really like anything lower than 90 proof. My favorite at this time is WT Rare Breed. I'm rather fond of OGD 114, and OGD BIB also.

Any other suggestions for higher proof bourbon that is in the $20 - $30 range?

I can't say that I really like anything lower than 90 proof. My favorite at this time is WT Rare Breed. I'm rather fond of OGD 114, and OGD BIB also.

Any other suggestions for higher proof bourbon that is in the $20 - $30 range?

Old Weller Antique 107 proof goes for $15-25 depending on the neighborhood (and is a wheater like the Old Fitzgerald BIB that started this thread!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.