Clarke's Bourbon

whiskyportal
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi

I just received a question from a guest about a Clarke's Bourbon (is it available anymore). I never heard about this one before confused.gif - does anyboy know who produces (produced?) this bourbon?

Thanks

Dennis

I have a bottle of it , It was given by a friend earlier this year( summer) and bought in Germany. It says it is made in Lawenceburg Ky. That gets it down to 3 Wild Turkey,4 Roses or VanWinkle. I think it is 4 roses from the color and by comparing it to 4 roses yellow label, both are lightly colored and thin looking. I haven't opened it yet. They have some strange ways that it is labeled . By that I mean Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey are 4 words that mean a certian thing, when on a label . They added an extra word in there and it causes me to wonder what it really is . I'd have to get the bottle in front of me to see it , Maybe tomorrow smirk.gif

The best I can suggest , 1007 right now is to find someone coming over from Europe to bring you a bottle. I have a relative over there who will be coming back in a few months, I don't know if he will get me anything or not. There was one trip he made since 9-11 and wasn't able to bring anything.

Anything you could or have done means a lot to me. My Grandmother just passed away. It was her that gave me in interest in Bourbon. When we would all sit back for chat and a grandma (a really stiff drink) my grandfather a Scotch man used to pull out an empty bottle of Clarke's Bourbon. He would mention that a friend gave him a bottle years ago (20-30 or more) and that he would like to

get some bottles of it. It would be nice to have a Clarke Family toast with a bottle (or case smile.gif. Thanks!

Jeff Clarke

I'm having computer problems( it's in the shop) so I'm off for a few more days. The bottle I have says Clarkes Westpoint bourbon. and besides that Heaven hill has a label that says Westpoint which is basically the same otherwise. What I have isn't from Pekin Ill.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.