Bourbon Sweet Potatoes

T47
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I would have tagged onto the old thread of Candied sweet Potatoes but its closed. My wife got this recipe for Bourbon sweet potatoes and we had it as a side dish tonight, it was excellent.

3 1/2 Pounds sweet potatoes - peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges

1/2 Cup packed dark brown sugar

2 Tablespoons Bourbon (We used Lot B)

Coarse salt and ground pepper

3 Tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 350º. Arrange sweet potatoes in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Add sugar and bourbon and toss to combine, season with salt and pepper. Bake until sweet potatoes are tneder and glazed. 1 to 1 1/2 hours, tossing every 30 minutes. Stir in butter before serving.

I will have to print up the Candied Sweet Potatoe recipe and see if its as good. Happy Thanksgiving all.

:toast:

These were a hit with the whole family.

I would have tagged onto the old thread of Candied sweet Potatoes but its closed. My wife got this recipe for Bourbon sweet potatoes and we had it as a side dish tonight, it was excellent.

3 1/2 Pounds sweet potatoes - peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges

1/2 Cup packed dark brown sugar

2 Tablespoons Bourbon (We used Lot B)

Coarse salt and ground pepper

3 Tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 350º. Arrange sweet potatoes in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Add sugar and bourbon and toss to combine, season with salt and pepper. Bake until sweet potatoes are tneder and glazed. 1 to 1 1/2 hours, tossing every 30 minutes. Stir in butter before serving.

I will have to print up the Candied Sweet Potatoe recipe and see if its as good. Happy Thanksgiving all.

:toast:

These were a hit with the whole family.

We did eat it as a side dish. I have never considered myself as a person with a sweet tooth? But maybe I am? We only had small portions as there were many of us; I thought the flavor was excellent, not too sweet.

These were made with White Sweet Potatoes which are not as sweet as Orange fleshed sweet potatoes or Yams?

I have only had the "orange" sweet potatoes growing up, and when I brought these home and cut them open and saw they were white I thought I had made a mistake and bought the wrong thing but a quick internet search told me they were indeed sweet potatoes. That might have something to do with it?

These were made with White Sweet Potatoes which are not as sweet as Orange fleshed sweet potatoes or Yams?

I have only had the "orange" sweet potatoes growing up, and when I brought these home and cut them open and saw they were white I thought I had made a mistake and bought the wrong thing but a quick internet search told me they were indeed sweet potatoes. That might have something to do with it?

Yes Todd the ones I have tasted had orange flesh. I did not know there were white less sweet ones.

Leif

• 1 month later...

I made these tonight, and while they're definitely sweet (as the name implies), they were delicious. I cut the recipe in half and it's a good thing I did because my wife and I probably would not of left the table until we downed all 3 1/2 pounds of sweet potatoes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.