Liquor Cabinets

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone have a good source for liquor cabinets and bars? My collection is now over 20 bottles and Leslie wants them out of the kitchen cabinets. Ideally it would be something that would allow for many bottles that could be consealed in some way. Also I would need wine storage and a place for some glassware. Any ideas?

Jeff, I can't suggest much for the wine, unless you want some kind of ellaborate set-up...we have some racks that store nicely...wherever. However, a small suggestion...my collection is similiar to yours. My unopened bottles number in the high twenties, and I am looking at putting up some nice shelving in the corner of my dining room. You know some nice cherry wood or something. I simpler idea is what I'm using now...You can buy some nice unfinished oak fairly cheaply and stain it yourself. I bought an oak "bookshelf"-stained it, and it looks really nice. On top I've got room to display rocks glasses, snifters, shot glasses, collectables, etc. It may work out for the interim, or a permanant fixture for you. See ya, H'wood cool.gif

I ordered two new uncharred barrels from a local barrel maker...cut part of the middle out and made hinged doors...lined the inside with fabric...made a shelf for inside...painted the rings blacks...three coats of shellac...wired it so that when you touched one of the rings it would light up from low light to bright...had a local guy to make Evan Williams stickers for it...Now it's my display liquor cabinet in my embroidery shop, along with the pictures I had on display (at the festival), My BIG Heaven Hill Distilleries Inc. sign, Straight Bourbon.com sign, Presidential Seal sign, and a big deer head mounted in-between all of this....some of you may have seen the barrels (I made two of them) at the Heaven Hill booth at the bourbon festival...

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

BTW---I will admit....that I said...very many choice words while making the barrel cabinets...I will NEVER make anymore...

What does a new barrel cost? I don't know what it cost this year, but two years ago it was $114.00 each shocked.gif ...

If one ever visits Bourbon Country , it goes without saying that an appreciation of the beauty of a Bourbon Barrel , Well it would be nice if you liked them because they are everywhere. Up and down the streets , cut in half for flower planters, at the distilleries they are sometimes used as trash bins. Here at home I have 3 whole ones and 4 halves about. I realize that while not for everyone, they do have an inherent beauty. Amelia , me and BrendaJ had lunch with BettyeJo not long ago. We saw the barrels she has,they are in her basement now . They are pretty neat! smile.gif

Jeff,

I was in a similar predicament about a year ago. Wife complaining I was taking up all the space. Untidy etc. We compromised. I bought an antique oak sideboard on E-bay. Delivered from Atlanta to my door. Outrageous. Bevevled mirror with a top shelf, two draweres and two cabinets. It now resided in the dining room next to our china cabinet. I'lll see if I can get a photo. Wife loves it. It holds all liquor and wine stuff with room on the top for crystal decanter and old fashioned glasses on a tray. I typed in oak sideboard and put an price limit in advanced search. It pulled up about fifty.

Good Luck

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Great Leaping Jupiter! I don't know who to reply to so here it is.... Just stake out your part of the kitchen, and declare "This section is claimed in the name of Bourbonia!". Then spank your wife. Much cheaper than liquor cabinets; sidebords, or bars. Very effective and a lot more fun. Of couse if your wife is a carpenter she is more likely to a) build you a bar out of bourbon barrels, and B) spank you!!! blush.gifgrin.gif End result is the same. A safe place for your bourbon and some good sex. What's not to like??? confused.gif

After a lot of insults and whining there's now a place on this forum to discuss s------h , How about one called , " I was drunk at the time" . We could post those embassasing things we've done and the title of the section would explain it all.

I gave Amelia a spanking she deserved, the next thing I knew.........................

Jeff, in my house, we have a butler's pantry (or whatever it is called) between the dinning room and kitchen. It is basically a kitchen cabinet with glass doors. If you had a nook in your downstairs somewhere, you can put up some standard or custom cabinets with glass doors.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.