Robert E. Lee, IV

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just now noticed, on the box from the bottle of VG Fox you gave me (thank you), the signature of Robert E. Lee, IV as Chair of A. Smith Bowman Distillery. How is it possible I never noticed this before? What gives? Is it really the great-grandson of himself? What do you know about this?

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I guess you're talking to me Chuck. Yes that is the great great (I think it's two 'greats') grandson of Confederate General Robert E. Lee. I have seen him on tv a time or two, but have never met him. I have, however visited Gen'l Lee's final resting place in Lee Chapel on the campus of Washington & Lee University four or five times. It's quite a shrine to the South's most famous Gen'l, and contains many artifacts of his life. One of my favorite things is a pair of flintlock dueling pistols given to him by another famous Virginia Gen'l - George Washington! Lee's horse, Traveler is buried behind the chapel. cool.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.