Blanton's at a restaurant bar

Jono
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My first Blanton's experience came at a restaurant with a decent whiskey list. I ordered it with some ice..which may have been rash..it had a light body..lighter than I expected. The taste was sweetish and pleasant (sorry, I did not take notes). Is Blanton's lighter in taste than other bourbons or was this possibly a cut drink? I hope not, it cost $8.00, as my wife pointed out on the check. smirk.gif

I almost always drink bourbon neat. When I had my first Blanton's, it was also in a bar and I too was very suprised how light it tasted shocked.gif (relative to my pre-concieved notions). Although I usually prefer heavier whiskey, Blanton's is one of my all time favorates. tongue.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Jon, without having the same drink as you that's tough to say. Blanton's is 93 proof and has a good amount of body to it. Even with some dilution it wouldn't be thin. Blanton's has a big bold flavor that really speaks to me. I can't say for sure that your drink was cut, but it sure sounds like it to me.

Since you didn't offer a tasting either formal or informal, I'm just going to pop this up into General Bourbon Topics.

I should just get in the habit of ordering neat and adding a little ice/water if needed later. It did not have any unpleasant flavors...I could see it rounding out the full spectrum of bourbons in my collection.

I must agree with you. Blanton's is a little light, but even though I love the heavy pours it has to be one of the best still...It has a phenomenal taste that makes up for anything else! grin.gif I drink most bourbon neat, but Blanton's is one that should never be cut. As much as we all complain on prices for a bottle, you are really going to get hit in a nice eating establishment! I have paid $9.50-$11.00 for Booker's! shocked.gifconfused.gifmad.gif See ya, H'wood cool.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.