PAMA Mint Julep

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This sounds good, though I'm sure it's very sweet. I haven't tried it, but when PAMA first came out, I tried it in a Manhattan a few times and liked it. It's a very good substitute for the sweet vermouth.

If I made this, I might try it with more Manhattan-like proportions, like 3:1 in favor of the bourbon.

PAMA is a Heaven Hill product, hence the EW recommendation in the recipe.

Other than adding a liqueur where none has been before, I give them credit for not mucking-up the classic julep too much.

PAMA Mint Julep

2 oz. PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur

2 oz. Evan Williams Bourbon

2 Sprigs of Fresh Mint

2 Sugar Cubes

In a mixing glass, muddle mint and sugar with Bourbon and PAMA. Shake ingredients vigorously over ice and strain into a rocks glass over crushed ice. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and serve.

Sounds too sweet for me, but I'll pass it along to some friends who like sweet cocktails (this couple rims their margarita glasses with sugar, not salt). They have some of the PAMA already. Their house straight whiskey is JD, so I suppose the result won't be identical.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.