Stagg Sighting

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

While at Liquor Barn last night I was suprised to see about 7 bottles of Stagg sitting on the shelf. I picked up 5 of those bottles. The remaining two were missing the "limited edition" proof sticker. At first I thought it was a different bottling, but I think the stickers must have fallen off somewhere between the LB and BT. So there are 2 remaining, slightly "irregular" bottles on the shelf. Get'em while you can. BTW, I am willing to part with a couple of bottles. If anyone is interested send me a message.

My parents (who live in WV) are in Louisville right now. I talked to my mom just a few minutes ago and asked her to pick up an extra 1.75L of Buffalo Trace for me. I will see her next week in WV.

She's already packing 13 bottles of GTS for me at her house in WV from various sources (3 are already sold to friends locally). But, with Jeff's post, I was so tempted to get her to buy some more Stagg. In fact, Bobby's post about 8 at Hurstbourne a week ago nearly had me sending my sister there. crazy.gif

But, I am under the impression that Stagg is a yearly event. So, given that, there's no sense in going overboard (ok, any more overboard than I already have) this year. smirk.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

I am under the impression that Stagg is a yearly event

I have suspected as much. What leads you to believe this?

In a previous post, Ken_Weber refers to the "next batch" of Stagg. << Just as an FYI, there is no age statement because we may find a whiskey for the NEXT BATCH that is not the current 15 years of age. >>

This may or may not mean that it will appear annually. Can you fill us in, Ken?

Here's a link to Ken's post:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Tasting&Number=11980&Forum=All_Forums&Words=Ken%20Weber&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=11263&Search=true#Post11980

Only one bottle remains on the shelf at the Richmond road Liquor barn. Catch it if you can wink.gif

When Sam's filled my Stagg order last week, they said I got the last three bottles they would be getting until September. That's not conclusive proof at all, but a hint of more to come in the fall.

Plus, I imagine that there will be more honey barrels coming of age, and given the apparent success of GTS, it would make sense for this event to occur again. But, again, this is just conjecture.

Maybe Ken Weber can give us a clue.

I checked the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office website search engine and learned that Sazerac has indeed applied for new "intent to use" trademarks for bourbon. At least one new BT bourbon brand appears to be in the works!

Lets hope so... BT keeps coming out with one after another killer bourbon... I can't wait to see what they have next in line...

-Chris

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.