If God was a Bourbon drinker )-whats is his

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If he went for the name, Heaven Hill wink.gif O.K., it was an attempt at laughter... For me though, it would be Hirsch 16. God, I am going to miss it when it is eventually gone frown.gif

Ben Franklin said ,"Beer is proof that God Loves Us. " I think God is a bourbon drinker, and along the same line of reasoning that gave us, " If God made anything better than sex, he kept it for himself" , he's probably up there with a lot of Beam's , Brown's , Medley's , VanWinkles ,Samuelses and all the rest, They're rolling out a barrel made by some forgotten distiller, they stand it on it's end and knock a hole in it with an axe, they pass a dipper full of it around , each in turn nods in approval. God sits down and says , " We're getting there, It's a good thing too, we are going to get some folks up here that think they know what good whiskey is."

Bobby, I have no idea what you sell daytime, but I know I want you on my marketing team!!! God does too!!! Happy New Year to the cleverest wordsmith on the Forum!!!

I can't believe no one has replied with WWJD - What Would Jesus Drink? I'd guess that it would be Jim Beam White. shocked.gif

Jesus liked to hang out with the normal folks and the sinners. They probably drink JBW more than anything else, so I think Jesus would do the same.

BTW, do you think if any of us invited Jesus to a wedding, would Jesus turn water into Stagg for us? grin.gif

This is intolerable, Bobby! What kind of respected B'town parochial school would allow talk of T whiskey in its hallways?

Maybe the nuns mistook charcoal for incense or are doing their best to keep the angels away from their share!

Well, kids will rebel, so they are going for shock value. Proof: Didn't WWJD originate in Protestant circles? So, Catholic kids in B'town take that and throw in T whiskey and oh my gosh what did they say?

P.S. After going to very small (and in the minority) Catholic schools in WV, I was very jealous of the large Catholic schools I saw when I visted my relatives in L'ville. I went to a single A Catholic high school that had to play AAA schools (the highest level in WV). My JV basketball team went 2-19 my only season. Ouch. Then I visit relatives in L'ville and see Catholic high school teams ranked in the top ten in the nation. Sigh.

That's a relief. The nuns are off the hook. The kids are right--talk of T spirits riles me up big time.

Hey, you live in NYC. That riles up alot of Southerners big time. mad.gif

But, not me, I am easy going. I can accept you, even if you didn't like bourbon. grin.gif

And the fact that Kentucky Spirit sells for $29.99 in NYC doesn't help. Go figure that one. wink.gif

Perhaps some saving grace is that one NYer I know of is heading to B'town in September with a suitcase that need not be empty on its way south (but which needs to be emptied before being loaded with those K state bourbon bargains for its return trip back north)!

Damn, that's hitting below the belt.

I guess those signs I saw in liquor stores when I lived in South Florida were true. "$10 surcharge if you complain about how much cheaper things are in New York."

(Sorry about not replying to the right post in the thread!)

Not so fast!! KS is the ONLY bargain on this island, except for the BT Antiques, which can still be found (at the same shop) for 36.99. Everything else is overpriced, overtaxed, or unavailable. Hear me, CL, I LOVE TO TRADE--the forum provides us a good opportunity to exploit the vagaries of the market to our mutual benefit. No below the belt shot intended. cool.gif

The only ones here who can really rub it in are those who can still buy A.H. Hirsch 20 yo for $85; they hold the aces in the hole. wink.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

The only ones here who can really rub it in are those who can still buy A.H. Hirsch 20 yo for $85; they hold the aces in the hole

I know where one might get it for $84.95 grin.gif I hope to add this one to my collection come tax refund time. I think I would rather have the 16yo, but I can't find it in lexington.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I like the way you think CL! My guess as to what would Jesus drink would be Old Forester. Mid-shelf and mid-price, but those in the know choose Old Forester. Put a bottle in the plate next Sunday! Glory Be! grin.gif - L

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.