Abraham Bowman Pioneer Spirit Rye

dmarkle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

@cowdery: Here in the Commonwealth, I've been enjoying the Abraham Bowman Pioneer Spirit Rye, which I believe is 12 years old, so that might scratch your itch for some good, aged rye.

A much more plentiful rye than the VWFRR here for us Virginia gentlemen, though it certainly trades at a premium.

@cowdery: Here in the Commonwealth, I've been enjoying the Abraham Bowman Pioneer Spirit Rye, which I believe is 12 years old, so that might scratch your itch for some good, aged rye.

A much more plentiful rye than the VWFRR here for us Virginia gentlemen, though it certainly trades at a premium.

The Bowman is not 12yo.... also it is not moving well according to my local store which moves a lot of bourbon. Pretty average rye IMO that commands a premium price.

post-1354-1448981679993_thumb.jpg

The Bowman is not 12yo.... also it is not moving well according to my local store which moves a lot of bourbon. Pretty average rye IMO that commands a premium price.

I find both the bourbon and the rye to be uneventful and overpriced. I have a bottle of the SmB but have yet to delve into that.

Lest I want to take this thread off topic, it bums me out how little attention new products like this one get on the site these days. Especially a regional product like that I'd love to hear more about, see some tasting notes on it and such. Unfortunately I guess some of us are becoming the same way with information as we are with our bourbon (and Rye); hoarding it!

Lest I want to take this thread off topic, it bums me out how little attention new products like this one get on the site these days. Especially a regional product like that I'd love to hear more about, see some tasting notes on it and such. Unfortunately I guess some of us are becoming the same way with information as we are with our bourbon (and Rye); hoarding it!

The EBSG tried some Bowman rye last month side by side with some Saz Jr and the Sam's 10yo Saz Jr. I'd have to go back to my notes to put my thoughts together again. If someone started a thread maybe Lear, Ken and Dave would add their thoughts as well.

One point we really picked up on is how buried the word "rye" is in its packaging. BT could quickly swap out any other straight whiskey with very little labeling change.

Roger

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.