Iron Chef Battle Bourbon

sku
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Did anyone see this? I missed it but would love to know what Bourbon's they used. I saw a quick screen shot and it looked like there was some Maker's (regular and 46) and some Blanton's (I didn't watch the video clips in the link below yet, but they may show more).

http://eater.com/archives/2010/10/25/paul-miranda-vs-cat-cora-in-iron-chef-battle-bourbon.php

Missed it, but I love that show and will have to look for that episode on repeat.

In addition to Makers (how could you tell they had both....I just assumed the Makers was standard) and Blanton's, they had a Makers White Dog (at least assumed it was Makers since it was in their trademarked Red Wax Dripping bottles) and Bookers (which Alton misidentified as an unfiltered wheat bourbon).

Tom

Just watched it tonight ..... (a link to a avi file is under the "Bourbon in the Movies" thread) ..... but I did not see any 46 bottles. Kevin Smith was one of the judges.

Just watched it tonight ..... (a link to a avi file is under the "Bourbon in the Movies" thread) ..... but I did not see any 46 bottles. Kevin Smith was one of the judges.

I am watching the recorded episode now...Cora vs Miranda 10/24/10..I see they removed the labels:

MM red wax

Blantons distinctive bottle and cap

Bookers possibly....tall bottle with black foil...yes, a B in the was on close up.

White dog in a MM bottle

Cat Cora...poured bourbon on scallops....

Both presenters are KY Colonels...Alton Brown and Kevin Brausch

I am watching the recorded episode now...Cora vs Miranda 10/24/10..I see they removed the labels:

MM red wax

Blantons distinctive bottle and cap

Bookers possibly....tall bottle with black foil...yes, a B in the was on close up.

White dog in a MM bottle

Cat Cora...poured bourbon on scallops....

Both presenters are KY Colonels...Alton Brown and Kevin Brausch

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=221358&postcount=388

Additional airdates are listed on the Food Network website:

Oct 28, 2010

9:00 PM ET/PT

Oct 29, 2010

12:00 AM ET/PT

Oct 30, 2010

5:00 PM ET/PT

And according to the FN schedule, it also airs on:

Sat. Oct. 30 at 5pm & 11pm (evening)

Sun. Oct. 31 at 2am (latenight)

I'm finally watching it now. Unless that bottle with black wax is a wheat Willet of some sort, or they got some uncut stuff from Julian, it's definately not a wheater.

My TV gf Allison Sweeny (yes I watch Days of our Lives, it started in college, ok?) said her husband is "an aficionado". So I'm calling you out, Mr. Allison Sweeny. Show yourself!

My TV gf Allison Sweeny (yes I watch Days of our Lives, it started in college, ok?) said her husband is "an aficionado". So I'm calling you out, Mr. Allison Sweeny. Show yourself!

I loved Brown's comeback to that: Down in Georgia we call aficionados plain old drunks, we don't put on airs (or something close to that).

BTW, if you look closely when they show the bottles you will see the familar "B" on the neck of the bottle confirming that it is Bookers

Tom

I enjoyed it as I think we all would.

I could not help but notice that both made bourbon ice cream, but I misssed if they cooked off the alcohol before putting it in the machine. I will need to watch again and I plan on doing just that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.