Bourbon for breakfast

bonneamie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

People often post in their tasting notes a hint of maple in their bourbon. What a surprize this morning when I opened the fancy bottle of maple syrup given as a Christmas gift to me last night and the nose was strongly of bourbon, no maple at all. I looked more closely at the label: it's 100% maple syrup aged several months in bourbon barrels. Blis from Grand Rapids, MI. It has a red wax seal on top, too, but no tendrils.

Wow! That sounds fantastic! Sometimes I cheat and make my own bourbon syrup. Just microwave the syrup then put in a teaspoon or tablespoon of your favorite bourbon and stir (I use OWA). Goes great when your having bacon with pancakes, waffles, etc. 100% Maple Syrup aged in bourbon barrels sounds like it'd be much better, though!

Every year at the KBF we end it with the bourbon breakfsat offered by the local college. Bourbon pancakes with bourbon butter and bourbon syrup served with bourbon coffee.

People often post in their tasting notes a hint of maple in their bourbon. What a surprize this morning when I opened the fancy bottle of maple syrup given as a Christmas gift to me last night and the nose was strongly of bourbon, no maple at all. I looked more closely at the label: it's 100% maple syrup aged several months in bourbon barrels. Blis from Grand Rapids, MI. It has a red wax seal on top, too, but no tendrils.

Wow, very cool. Do you know if your gifter found it somewhere around Detroit area?

Best regards, tony

Every year at the KBF we end it with the bourbon breakfsat offered by the local college. Bourbon pancakes with bourbon butter and bourbon syrup served with bourbon coffee.

Wow, very cool. Do you know if your gifter found it somewhere around Detroit area?

Yes, they got it at Cafe Muse in downtown Royal Oak.

Yes, they got it at Cafe Muse in downtown Royal Oak.

Very, very cool, thanks for the guidance.

Best regards, tony

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.