Liquor Dispensary...

boone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

These pictures were taken "south of Bardstown"...That's all the information that I have...Gotta be close to my home town...I havn't had the time to do a little investigating...The cars tell me the age...The dispensary is probably Robinsons...The gas stations Coke sign probably has the name of the store on it...

When I tried to enlarge it...I got that block looking picture...I bet that little sign on the telephone pole that has the arrow on it tells which road leads you to a destination?

My favorite part...look in the back yard of the liquor store and the gas station...TWO outhouses!!!...probably one for the ladies and one for the gents...Reminds me of my Papa Hall's old place...He had a outhouse...My daddy tried for years to put running water and a bathroom in that old farm house and he would not let him...I remember many times me and Connie going out to "fetch" water for him...It was that old fashioned crank style pump...best tastin water EVER!!!!!!!!...

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

post-20-14489811142838_thumb.jpg

I remember well water on my grandmother's farm in the late 50's or very early 60's. Actually, they still used the well water for years after that, but they had a pump installed in the early 60's, so it lost its charm.

I remember some sort of cylindrical water catcher that was lowered down the well and when you reeled it back up, it was full of water. My memory thinks this thing was about 4-5 ft long and maybe 8 inches in diameter. I was just a kid, so I have no idea what it was called. The water was nearly ice cold and tasted better than any other water I have ever had.

This was in the Tennessee River valley in northwest Alabama - Lawrence County. Nothing but family farms as far as you could see.

Tim

I grew up "at the edge" of the Mississippi delta. This picture could have been take there yesterday! grin.gif No kidding, some rural areas still resemble this....even the cars! laugh.gif See ya, H'wood

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.