Groundbreaking Cocktail Recipes

Josh
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Courtesy of an email from Old Forester, here are two cocktails for "the big game" that will BLOW YER MIND.

Old Forester Kentucky

Sour

1 oz. Old Forester

3 oz. sweet and sour mix

Ice

Old Forester and

Cola

1 oz. Old Forester

3 oz. cola

Ice

With recipes this complicated, they really should have given instructions but I think they work best if served in a glass.

They remind me a bit of these recipes from the Food Network: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/late-night-bacon-recipe/index.html

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/english-peas-recipe/index.html

I couldn't help but respond sarcastically back to them.

I don't know if its "no-reply", but it went through.

I really do hope someone at OF has these in a safe place in case the current holder passes.

Hate to lose these.

Ah, but Josh, the key is that they're made with Old Forester. That's what makes them special. :slappin:

Have no fear! Will to the rescue! As a working chemist I think I can handle those complicated formulas.

I'll have to give it a try someday.

These are awesome. They remind me of a cookbook my uncle gave me from when me worked on a military base. All of the recipes were submitted by service-persons and most were really good. However, tucked in the middle was a recipe on how to prepare an MRE. Something to the effect of "Find heater and entre package. Put entre into heating unit. Add water to fill line. While food is heating, find the M&Ms and eat them. When food is warm, open and eat. Make pyro-technics with non-dairly creamer and save mini tabasco bottle as stocking stuffer."

Have no fear! Will to the rescue! As a working chemist I think I can handle those complicated formulas.

I'll have to give it a try someday.

Now as a chemist myself, I know you are going to have problems converting to metric measurements. I'd go to the CRC for help with these.

Etohchem

Now as a chemist myself, I know you are going to have problems converting to metric measurements. I'd go to the CRC for help with these.

Etohchem

I still have a couple of CRC myself. They are in full retirement given that most everything they contain is almost instantly available on the internet.

Will

Groundbreaking Recipes Continued: Isn't that 2 peach slices or is there a difference between the first and second requirement of the same ingredient. (Canned? Fresh? Jarred?)

This is progress though. Has more than 2 ingredients and a catchy name. (Ice cubes needed but not listed, surprised they didn't list them multiple times as: "1 Ice Cube" as the last 5 ingredients.

Old Forester New-Fashioned

1 tablespoon simple syrup

5 dashes of bitters

1 peach slice

2 1/2 oz. Old Forester

1 peach slice

2 blackberries

Splash of sparkling water

Muddle the simple syrup, bitters and 1 peach slice in the bottom of an old-fashioned glass. Add the bourbon, ice cubes, 1 peach slice, the blackberries and sparkling water and stir to combine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.